Questions about nerf bars?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
jshort

Questions about nerf bars?

#1 Post by jshort »

I want to get some nerf bars but I do not want the big gap between the nerf bar and the bottom of the rear fender. I looked at some Moto and Blaze pics and saw where they have heel guards that work with the nerf bars. Can you still purchase this setup? What about the ones that Black Widow sells that has the built in heel guards. When mounted, how close do they get to the fender? Does someone have a picture of these type mounted? What would you guys recomend?

I feel like I just asked way to many questions.

Thanks for your help.
Jason

tat

#2 Post by tat »

Go with the ones from Blackwidow(AC propegs). They actually bolt to the back fenders. If you look at the pics of my quad in the open forum, you can see them. I took the heel plate off though and left the support bar on the nerfs, so the fenders would be more stable.

CannondaleRider

#3 Post by CannondaleRider »

The Blackwidow ones don't mount to the fender, unless they changed the design somehow.

Go with the Blackwidow AC's for sure. There GREAT:usa

tat

#4 Post by tat »

Not taking business from Brad, try calling AC racing about those. Mine are different, they attach to the fenders. Your right rider, the ones Brad have do not.

Jaybr

#5 Post by Jaybr »

I'd also look for nerfs that mount in the frame holes up front like the Moto nerfs and Xfactors. In my opinion that's a cleaner, more solid setup. I'm not sure how the new the newer AC's mount up front, but I've seen them that just clamp to the frame.

badvox

#6 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by Jaybr
I'd also look for nerfs that mount in the frame holes up front like the Moto nerfs and Xfactors.  In my opinion that's a cleaner, more solid setup.   I'm not sure how the new the newer AC's mount up front, but I've seen them that just clamp to the frame.

The new AC's go just in front of the frame and slip into each other from each side. Which is kind of odd considering all they had to do was make them an inch shorter and slip 'em into the frame.
Would have been much cleaner that way.

~mike