skids

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
chigger81

skids

#1 Post by chigger81 »

I was surfing ebay and found a geat deal on skids that I thought I would pass along. twisted_chassis is an ebay member selling some nice custom skid plates on ebay for cannondales. Im not sure if he is on this site or not. The full belly skid is $35.00, and the a-arm guards are $25.00. I installed them today and they went on very easily. Everything fit perfect, which is more than I can say for the AC swingarm skid I beat on for an hour to make fit. You can get both the a-arm guards and full body skid in either diamond plate or polished aluminum. I prefer the diamond plate. biggrin.gif

cdaleman440

#2 Post by cdaleman440 »

i saw them too i was tempted and still am :clap:

patmc81

#3 Post by patmc81 »

I have a skid plate to, alittle ruff on the cuts but you can't beat the price looks good

BigJosh

#4 Post by BigJosh »

I have the shrouds on and they look very sweet, Ill post some pics.........Maybe:confused:

badvox

#5 Post by badvox »

I thought about that too but I think I decided to pass due to shipping costs. Isnt Diamond Plate real heavy?

~mike

cannondalerhino

diamond skids

#6 Post by cannondalerhino »

Don't get me wrong, the diamond plating looks good, but why would you want it on any skid plates that are going to get beat to ****?

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Can he make them in just smooth aluminum? Seems like a grippy finish on the bottom is not ideal for gliding over stuff.

chigger81

#8 Post by chigger81 »

yes, he will make it out of either. Just tell him which material you want. The diamond plate isnt really any heavier than a regular skid. Its just 3/16ths aluminum. Your probably thinking of diamond plate steel. I havent had any problems with them hanging me up or anything yet. I dont think the diamonds will really be a factor.

twisted_chassis

skid plates

#9 Post by twisted_chassis »

smile.gif thanks for all who have purchase skids off of me. thanks for the good coments about them and me. i know alot of companies
don't make parts for cdale's anymore. i am happy to help out the cdale community. i am not after making a living out of this, just a few extra dollars here and there . that is why i keep the cost down. some of them might be a little ruff around the edges but i try to make them quickly to keep the cost down and for the fact that i don't have alot of time to work with.

the d-plate looks very sweet. smooth alum would probally be better (price wise) but people (including me) would rather buy shiny stuff. and for the price you can't beat it.

2001 fx-400 (numbers matching) bought new
diamond racing 450 hmf exhaust
reangled injectors
ported and polished
dura blue axle

2003 cdale roller chassis project quad
not sure what motor to put on yet. probally a two stroke motor
for dragracing in the 2 stroke class since i already have a 4 stoke to race in the 4-srtoke class

skinny

Rear skid plate

#10 Post by skinny »

Chigger where did you find the rear skid plate for the swing arm? I also have the shouds,skid plate, and a arm gaurds from twisted. I have not had a chance to install them yet waiting for some engine parts. rolleyes.gif from another vendor. Twisted parts look great and your price is awesome. I got everything in the smooth finish, they are still shiny:cool:

Twisted is great to deal with!!