Droopy Plastic

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
UpsMan

#1 Post by UpsMan »

Look how much my plastic is drooping after one season of mx compared to the new plastic on top.

wright

#2 Post by wright »

Need to put the wire from your foot baskets on the front, to make it a little stiffer, and hold them up in place.

kdeal

#3 Post by kdeal »

Actually the wire he is talking about is used on the Blaze & Moto models and goes from the sub-frame to the hole in the plastic above the footpegs (where the foot baskets used to attach). Black Widow ATV has them in stock, the number is at the top of the page.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

I'm going to have to get that.

azcannon

#5 Post by azcannon »

I made some from the front fender supports for the back when I removed my heel gaurds. , took a little bending with a pair of vise grips and one little cut out of the plastic and a longer bolt on the bottom side panel bolt

[attachment=1964:attachment]

Best picture I have of them

yamadjs08

#6 Post by yamadjs08 »

Yes the brackets will help dramatically. You can get the moto/blaze ones or just make some out of old heel guards. I race XC and that means lots of mud, so I made another set along with the heel guards ones, I had a pair of front fender brackets laying around, I taped the ends up so it didn't scratch the plastic. You just bolt it to where you would bolt your grab bar, than spin the bracket until it is gently pressing up on the rear fender and tighten the bolt. It works great and you can't get much more support than that...

Ill try and get a picture.

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

Thanks for the ideas. azcannnon, that is a beautiful quad you have there.

dunnbandit1

#8 Post by dunnbandit1 »

i got a set set of fender supports from cannonboomer.
kdeal was calling my fenders elephant ears a the group ride because they were saging so bad
with no supports

kdeal

#9 Post by kdeal »

Who me? Jason, how are you? Long time no see!

dunnbandit1

#10 Post by dunnbandit1 »

i thought it was you kdeal but could have been someone else i heard marking fun of my broken
mud brown fenders. i got the old beater looking good now
ill see ya at the next group ride (hopefully it will still look good by then)