Its to nice to ride

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
wistech

Its to nice to ride

#1 Post by wistech »

I dont lnow if i can bring myself to get this thing dirty .Oh well it will be fine in the snow.

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

That black is gone ,gone ,gone

CdaleRacer0128

#3 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

are those the blaze ohlinms on american star arms?

looks like a nice set up, im feelin teh same way ( i want to ride soo bad but its too cold n sitll waiting on my pc'in to be finished:confused:

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

but now im ridin on my elkass:cool:

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Nope, those are moto shocks with the light spring pc silver and the upper arms are plus 2 american stars but the lower arms I made myself to work with the long travel shocks. I bought a tubing bender several years ago and decided it was time to use it. 12 inches of travel woho.
Would you believe the moto shocks and the arms cost me less than $600 . The shocks were from the factory sale and the arms I got off ebay for a song.
I hope to get the powdercoated engine parts installed and the rest of the chassis polished and put together this weekend.

Ryanstones

Looks great wistech!

#6 Post by Ryanstones »

wanna trade bumpers?biggrin.gif

wistech

#7 Post by wistech »

Thanks ryan , the bumpers and nerfs are a pain to polish because they have such deep scratches but I think Ive got it down to about an hour. :hammer:

Jaybr

#8 Post by Jaybr »

Looks great Wistech.:clap:

So you actually measured 12" of travel? You'll have to send Thomez a note letting him know that, he argued with me for 3 hours on the Cannondaler chat last week about LT vs standard travel.

wistech

#9 Post by wistech »

yep ,I took the springs off when I built the lower arms . It might be a little more but I couldnt tell how much the bumpstops squish. More pics when I get the pc rear axle in.

440EX4ME

#10 Post by 440EX4ME »

Originally posted by wistech
Thanks ryan , the bumpers and nerfs are a pain to polish because they have such deep scratches but I think Ive got it down to about an hour.  :hammer:

your not kidding on the polishing times LMAO but I hear its less work if you are in the lead more often smile.gif

Actually I have found it much quicker if you just leave the big ones and polish it up and unless you look it over close it appears the same.