engine cradle

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
quadpoor

#11 Post by quadpoor »

Have many people had this problem? The cracks are identical on both sides at the edge of the bead.

thomez

#12 Post by thomez »

Farrar cracked one, got a replacement from Maz.

I can't think of any others offhand.

quadpoor

#13 Post by quadpoor »

I was just curious , I have checked it over pretty good and know it has the motor mount,oil line,and stud updates is there anything else i need to worry about, besides getting rid of this optional toaster oven that came with it . Any info is appreciated

thomez

#14 Post by thomez »

Don't forget to change your coolant ASAP.

A D&M kit should be a must have. Priceless.

We sell an exhaust - if you are looking for a slip on for that beast we make the only one.

quadpoor

#15 Post by quadpoor »

i have been reading about your exhaust looks sweet. does it have a spark arrestor and what kind of dbs am i lookin at? Gotta try and stay close to legal for the dunes. Oh ya what am lookin at to pick one up

thomez

#16 Post by thomez »

If you run the closed endcap it is spark arrested or you could probably run a screen in the open encap but it would be loud still.

The closed endcap with the disks is fully tuneable so you can make it as quiet as you wish by removing more disks. You just need to compensate for this with the D&M to make sure it isn't running rich/lean at any given point.

We sell the slip ons for your 03 header for $275 and $300 if you get both endcap options.

quadpoor

#17 Post by quadpoor »

ok so its the supertrapp style, I have that on my hetricks pipe and like it. can you send me the info to get ahold of you i will get it tomorrow , the wife says its time for bed:)

thomez

#18 Post by thomez »

You can send me a PM here or just give me a ring. If I don't answer just leave a voice mail I will get back to you 330 606 7726. Thanks - Zack

cannondale27

Engine cradle

#19 Post by cannondale27 »

I have cracked two of them.Make sure you have the motor mount update and then just get them welded Tig is best.Problem with these is they dont all fit the frame perfectly so they are always under tension.I think they were never heat treated either.

haydug

#20 Post by haydug »

After you have it welded, be sure and use the motor mount update, but also use shims between your motor and engine cradle to prevent this from happening again.