hose?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
exrider

#21 Post by exrider »

thanks for the other pictures...what do I have to take off to get to the connector that the hose plugs into ?

CdaleRacer0128

#22 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

take off ur front plastics, maybe gast tank too but not necessary, take off the airbox lid, then undo teh screw with a long screw driver ( that the clamp is holding together) on the thorttle body itself underneath near the injectors..then slide it off..it'll be plain as day to see right there near where the frame goes perpindicular to the quad

exrider

#23 Post by exrider »

Originally posted by CdaleRacer0128
take off ur front plastics, maybe gast tank too but not necessary, take off the airbox lid, then undo teh screw with a long screw driver ( that the clamp is holding together) on the thorttle body itself underneath near the injectors..then slide it off..it'll be plain as day to see right there near where the frame goes perpindicular to the quad

Thanks...i got the plastics off and the airbox lid off....but im not sure what your referring to when you say to "undo the screw with a long screw driver (that the clamp is holding together) on the throttle body itself underneath near the injectors" ??

cannondale27

#24 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes that is what he is talking about.Once you get the airbox base off you will see the airtemp sensor wires and either a nipple for hose to go on or if one is on there you can find the T.Be careful when you lift up on airbox so you dont ruin the wires attached.

exrider

#25 Post by exrider »

sounds easy enough....except how do you get the base off lol? thats where i am having some trouble

exrider

#26 Post by exrider »

???

rbifi

#27 Post by rbifi »

Underneath the base where the Air horn connects to the Throtle body(silver aluminum housing with the throtle cable attached) there will be a rubber boot with a chrome hose clamp holding the base to the throtle housing. Look at that clamp and find the Phillips(cross tip)screw and loosen it and the pull the housing up(you may have to wiggle)((the base))to get it free. Do not yank it or you will stretch the wires attached to the temp sensor!

CdaleRacer0128

#28 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by rbifi
Underneath the base where the Air horn connects to the Throtle body(silver aluminum housing with the throtle cable attached) there will be a rubber boot with a chrome hose clamp holding the base to the throtle housing. Look at that clamp and find the Phillips(cross tip)screw and loosen it and the pull the housing up(you may have to wiggle)((the base))to get it free. Do not yank it or you will stretch the wires attached to the temp sensor!

some are better with words than others:o tongue.gif

exrider

#29 Post by exrider »

are there 2 clamps that you have to loosen(one right on top of the other)?? i dunno if im doing this right(as you can see im mechaincally challenged)

i attatched a picture the arrow is showing where i attempted to unscrew the 2 clamps ? is this right

exrider

#30 Post by exrider »

the 2 clamps were about 6in. in holding on a rubber boot which i believe connects the throttle housing ?