hose?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
rbifi

#31 Post by rbifi »

The two clamps you are looking at are for the lower part of the throtle body housing. You want to loosen the single clamp above the throttle body housing. It is hard to get to, but it can be done. Now that you are in the right area you just need to sit back, relax, and try again to find it. Trust me, it's there.

CdaleRacer0128

#32 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

Originally posted by exrider
are there 2 clamps that you have to loosen(one right on top of the other)?? i dunno if im doing this right(as you can see im mechaincally challenged)

i attatched a picture the arrow is showing where i attempted to unscrew the 2 clamps ? is this right

i got it from the left side of the quad..long screw driver, top one i believe..not sure? just loosen enough and wiggle the airbox at the samet time to try to get it off ( oh yea, that may take 3 hands or more:clap: :clap: )

exrider

#33 Post by exrider »

hmm thanks...so its the top clamp and i can get to it from the left side?

NRath

#34 Post by NRath »

This is hilarious!!! :clap: :clap:

Sorry for laughing at your trouble exrider, but if you hadn't posted a pic, I'd have surely thought you were pulling our leg with the questions! Like everyone said, that hose goes to a cross(like a T with one more leg) fitting under the airbox on the right side(sitting on the quad). Follow the hose coming from the ecu, it also runs to the cross. Another leg of the cross runs to the bottom of the airbox. You'll have to unhook it to get the airbox off. That's a tight spot, without looking at it, I couldn't tell you the best way to get to it. I personally think the best/easiest way would have been to pull the radiator.

Good Luck!! And make sure you get that air box cleaned out good and sealed up tight!!

CdaleRacer0128

#35 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

hmm radiator off instead..cos he is draining his coolant too isn't he..ehh okay go that route! only 4 bolts or so i think lol

whichever way theres a white t piece and thats the one it bleongs in

cdrookie

#36 Post by cdrookie »

if you take the left rad. scoop off(2 bolts) and move the wire harness(above and behind the rad) out of the way you can get a screwdriver onto the clamp. it's a b**** to find if your just looking at it, but if you start moving stuff around you'll see it. mine took either a phillips or flat screwdriver. it took a delicate touch to get the airbox off the throttle body so be careful!

NRath

#37 Post by NRath »

The fitting is just above the radiator and pulling the radiator isn't very hard- only takes about 15 mins. and 4 bolts. Then you'd have plenty of room to get to it. There's always more than one way to skin a cat!

Looks like there must've been a couple different hose routes- some have a T with only 3 hoses, others have a cross with 4 hoses. I'm going to look into the differences when I get a chance.

exrider

#38 Post by exrider »

yea i think im just going to take the radiator off to get to it...does this mean I will have to bleed it when i put the new coolant in ?

exrider

#39 Post by exrider »

ok i took the radiator off...i still cant find the 4-way connector ? i dont see it anywhere

exrider

#40 Post by exrider »

the only fitting i saw when i pulled the radiator was the T with 3 fittings?