removing radiator?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
exrider

removing radiator?

#1 Post by exrider »

How do you get the radiator off? i cant get the top mount off (on the left side sitting on the quad) also how do you remove all the hoses from the radiator to get it off?

Derno24

#2 Post by Derno24 »

First drain all the fluid with the bolt on the bottom of the radiator. Then there are 2 hoses going into the radiator one send and on return. If they have hose clamps on them then just use a flat tip screw driver and loosen them once they are loose work the hose left and right a little and it should start to slide off. If they have the fancy clamps then you have to cut them off and replace them with regular hose clamps that you can buy at any pepboys or automotive store. Then all you need to do is remove the 2 bolts on the top of the radiator and you should be able to pull the radiator out.

Hope this helps. Someone else may have a better way of doing this too.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Sounds good one thing I recommend is after removing the two bolts pull the rubber block out of bottom.Pulling it toward front of quad.With this removed you will have lots of room and lessen the chance of fraying or cutting the bunch of wires at top of radiator.I also put block in after radiator but before bolts.Cleaning it and soaping it up a bit helps getting block back in.

exrider

#4 Post by exrider »

ok thanks for the help...is there an easier way to get the hoses off because there really tight on there? and also the top screw for the radiator on the left side of the quad(sitting on it) is hard to get to is there any easier ways to get to it ?

Derno24

#5 Post by Derno24 »

A long screwdriver is about it. and if you are careful and need grip use a set of pliers and twist with them don't pull. Once you hear it break free and it is easy to turn then you can use your hand and pull it off.