AC Propeg Nerfs

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
KYmxracer52

AC Propeg Nerfs

#1 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Has anyone had any problem with AC's Propeg Nerfbars? I broke the black mount on my first set, and now I have had the new style for about 1.5 months and the black mount on these is bent down. I think AC is making a bunch of junk. I'm calling first thing in the morning to get them to send me another mount. I have a race Sat. and need these. I don't want to jump on that bent one. It will probably break like my other one did.

fyrmedic

#2 Post by fyrmedic »

the only prob. I've had is my heel guards cracked. (but only cuz I landed in it off a jump!) lol. Other than that, no probs, been real strong!

fyrmedic

#3 Post by fyrmedic »

Hey, I finally hit tripple digits in posts!!.. cool:)

KYmxracer52

#4 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I got ahold of them and they're suppose to overnight me a new mount.

CannondaleRider

AC Propeg Question

#5 Post by CannondaleRider »

This may be a really stupid question. But i noticed that the AC Propegs mount where the normal pegs do in the back, but the front bar goes into the frame right in front of the engine cradle. I wanted some AC Propegs but the hole where they go into the frame is blocked off on my frame. Do i have to drill that out or do the bars not acctually go INTO the frame. :confused: Thanks.
(Yes, i may be a little slow)

nsane

#6 Post by nsane »

Blocked by what? that little black cap?

You can pop that out with a screwdriver smile.gif

On Jeff from Quadshops advice I picked up the Xfactors and have been VERY happy with them, I think they are better than ACs on my other bikes... Just my .02.

Don't forget the anti-seize when installing either way.

NRath

#7 Post by NRath »

You'll have to drill out the frame to accept the nerfs. The frames were made like that for a while. You can get a hole saw at Lowe's or most hardware stores. Of the top of my head, I don't remember the size, just measure the OD of the pipe of the nerf. It's no problem to drill it, just make sure you start out in the center by making a small pilot hole.

CannondaleRider

#8 Post by CannondaleRider »

ok thanks, i new i had to drill it out or something

fyrmedic

#9 Post by fyrmedic »

Yeah.. it's real easy.. it's not very thick, and after you use the holesaw, just take a rat tail file and smooth it off.