Frame wear spots

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
cannondale27

Frame wear spots

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes if you ride it the plastic will wear into the frame.A little rubber or that clear plastic will help prevent it.

cannondale27

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

Here also and not pictured on subframe where plastic sits on it.

NRath

#3 Post by NRath »

The subframe is the worst!! My old one had some pretty deep rub marks! When I got the new one, I put on some 1/8" thick foam tape to stop it. Looks like it's working like a champ!

Actually, the worst spots I have are on the nerf bars. I've got the heel baskets on and they have almost rubbed through the nerf bar. I need to go out and trim the baskets back a little more.

CdaleRacer0128

#4 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

does anybody actually use the bolts to hold on their plastic? i just bend mine up over the tabs on the side spars, don't bother with the top bolts under the seat. my gas tank top two bolts are both stripped so i use a zip tie for them. the fender mounts are also ziptied and the rear fenders to side spars are only held together by bolts on the top. The sub frame rear fender bolts are there but don't do anything since the washers slip through the holes rolleyes.gif

i think the only good ones are the two front mounts on the front plastic:o

sorry for being a little offtopic..

cdale27 you are exactly right with that, i used to put some rubber under there!

cdalexct

#5 Post by cdalexct »

my side spars that wrap under the frame up front wore a hole on top of the radiator they touch the radiator just a little bit now i cut the corner off the spar that wraps under the frame off before the bolt the other side of the bike just have a little wore mark on top of the radiator i been riding the bike for 2 1/2 years now