Quick release

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Lippy91

Quick release

#1 Post by Lippy91 »

Has anybody come up with a system to make a quick release for the CDale plastic?
I've been trying to think of a way to use tine pins and cotter pins,or something similar to whats on the hood of a nascar.
I'm going to try to experiment tomorrow.
How convenient it would be to pull pins instead of allen heads.
rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

I saw a show the other day where a dude was putting panels on a helicopter using zues fasteners. The are complicated and pricy but you wont loose them and are easy to use.

Exodus

#3 Post by Exodus »

I've been playing around with some quick release fasteners. Someday, when I get them to stay on when I need them, and come off when I dont, it will be so cool. Unfortunately, I havent got to that point yet. I'm using a system alot like nascar uses. They push in and twist. Biggest prob I have is I dont have enough b*!!s to modify the holes on the frame so they will work like they should. I wanted to see if it will work before I make it permanate. To bad Cannondale didnt spend a few hundred thousand buck in R&D on that. It would save me lots of time. LOL

quadprorider

#4 Post by quadprorider »

Where the allen head bolts usually thread in at....put a threaded rod through the hole and put the cotter pin through the end of it or some other bobby pin or something. So find the right size rod, and thred one end to put throught the frame or gastank and drill a hole on the end to have a place to put the cotter pin. It's a idea, but think about it and let me know what you guys think, Nick.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

Thats what I did on my 250r.I also put rubber grommets in the hole in plastic so the pin held it nice and snug.

Lippy91

#6 Post by Lippy91 »

That was my thought also on the rubber grommet, except now I can't find a clevis pin small enough(diameter). I would aleast like to make the front more accessible. Some of the other spots where you would not be able to put a pin, a tiny knob with metric thread would be nice.
:drink: :confused: :drink: :confused: :drink: :confused:

kdeal

#7 Post by kdeal »

I can get you 6mm stainless steel set screws that are long enough to protrude above the tophats and you could drill them out and put a small pin thru them.

Lippy91

#8 Post by Lippy91 »

Lets see if this works:eek:
Nope I'll try later.

Exodus

#9 Post by Exodus »

While on the subject of the frame mounts and plastic. Any body know how to replace the capture nuts that are on the frame? I think I know how they were put on there to begin with, but I was curious if anybody figured a way to replace them if they get stripped. A nut on the backside of the bolt would work, just looking for something trick.

cdalepilot

#10 Post by cdalepilot »

zeus fasteners sound like a good idea.:clap: