spider grips what do think?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Derno24

#11 Post by Derno24 »

I am not very impressed with the spider grip on my quad they wore out really fast and I didn't think cleared debris or mud quickly. Of course not many grips are good for real muddy conditions. Seems to be easier keeping it off the grips then getting a grip to work in those conditions.

jacobw

#12 Post by jacobw »

anybody used the tag waffle medium/ hard grip I wonder what is the difference in grip the soft/medium to medium/hard is?

CANNIBALKID

#13 Post by CANNIBALKID »

stiffer material

jacobw

#14 Post by jacobw »

The spider grips look good so do the tag I am going to glue them on I am not fond of the wires on them why the wires?

Derno24

#15 Post by Derno24 »

Cause some people aren't fond of cleaning off the glue when you have to take them off. So a couple strands of safety wire and you are good to go.

jacobw

#16 Post by jacobw »

ahh ok well I am kinda dense so I have to ask questions

Braff1

#17 Post by Braff1 »

Originally posted by jacobw
The spider grips look good so do the tag I am going to glue them on I am not fond of the wires on them why the wires?

I always safety wire my grips for added security. If you have ever watched someone go to pull the front end up to wheelie over a log in the trail and then watch them do a back flip off the bike laying on the side of the trail with the grip in there hand. It is better to watch someone else do this than it being you.

jesshamner

#18 Post by jesshamner »

I raced the John Penton GNCC without a grip b/c I didn't have mine on there good enough. It sucks. I kept slipping off the bars with it so I just through it down. Let me just say that its really hard to hold on when the bars get wet.

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by jacobw
ahh ok well I am kinda dense so I have to ask questions

Jacob I wasn't trying to put you down. I was just commenting on the use of wire instead of glue.

I have done both and still do both depends on the bars I am putting them on.

theJeStEr1340

#20 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

Originally posted by Derno24
Jacob I wasn't trying to put you down.  I was just commenting on the use of wire instead of glue.

I have done both and still do both depends on the bars I am putting them on.

I use both, because eventually the glue stops holding.

And I hate the spiders on my quad now, I just can't make myself spend the money to change them until they are worn out.... It is sad, but I just can't justify throwing away crappy, but still useable grips, I just deal with the blisters, they are always gone by the next weekend