Who lives by CYRCA?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
NRath

#11 Post by NRath »

The rears will stack very well. The fronts a little more tricky. Depending on pricing, I'm up to buy more, also. And, I bet I'll make it to the group ride to pick up my 3 sets! Let's figure it out.

CANNIBALKID

#12 Post by CANNIBALKID »

i have shipped fenders too a few different people on the site and it was only like 20 bucks per shipment through ups.

TheJaspMan

#13 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by CANNIBALKID
i have shipped fenders too a few different people on the site and it was only like 20 bucks per shipment through ups.

Recently? And how far away? I ship stuff daily and can honsetly say that $20 shipping for a front and rear is not available from here. Plus the price of box and tape. I can promise I won't do it for that. I wouldn't look for a profit to people on this site. But I sure as h*ll won't lose $$$ either.

Lurker Blaze

#14 Post by Lurker Blaze »

planning a retun trip in the next couple of days,will pickup large order may give price break,i will find out thursday.

levi550

#15 Post by levi550 »

I bought a new set of back plastic from JST last year, it honestly was not that expensive to ship from OH to NY.

It was more expensive to throw out all of the stencil stuff he used inside the box to protect the rears. j/k Maybe he remembers. (of course through all the pills, maybe he doesn't) wink.gif

The box had to be 2' x 2' x 3' or there abouts......

Anyhow, I would be interested in a front plastic if the shipping is decent.

I would also throw in a very hardy THANK YOU :clap: Jaspman for taking your time to provide us with a good deal.

smile.gif

CANNIBALKID

#16 Post by CANNIBALKID »

i use ups through my work place,they come here daily. and i sure wouldnt buy a box for anything. most stores will gladly just give you boxes.

TheJaspMan

#17 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by levi550
I bought a new set of back plastic from JST last year, it honestly was not that expensive to ship from OH to NY.

It was more expensive to throw out all of the stencil stuff he used inside the box to protect the rears.  j/k   Maybe he remembers.  (of course through all the pills, maybe he doesn't) wink.gif

The box had to be 2' x 2' x 3' or there abouts......

Anyhow, I would be interested in a front plastic if the shipping is decent.  

I would also throw in a very hardy THANK YOU :clap:  Jaspman for taking your time to provide us with a good deal.

smile.gif

Lurker Blaze is closer than I am for sure. If he is planning on going in the next little bit, he would be a good person to get some from. I would just help him get them shipped.

NRath

#18 Post by NRath »

I guess shipping rates are different depending on sender. We send 25+ packages a day thruogh UPS. I assume our pricing is based strictly on weight, since that's the only thing that has to be entered when creating a shipping label. I've heard they were using some dimensional criteria also, but haven't seen it. Of course, carrying the boxes down to Johnny's U-Ship It will cost us out the wazoo. The shipper is going to have to have a connection to someone with a UPS account.

I think buying boxes is the only way this could work conveniently for all. Trying to hunt up 15 boxes that front and rear fenders will fit in would probably be tough. They won't weigh much, so I'm hoping shipping will be pretty reasonable. Provided we can find boxes reasonably, anyway.

TheJaspMan

#19 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by NRath
I guess shipping rates are different depending on sender.  We send 25+ packages a day thruogh UPS.  Our pricing is based strictly on weight.  That's the only thing that has to be entered when creating a shipping label.  I have heard they were using some dimensional criteria also, but haven't seen it.  I think buying boxes is the only way this could work conveniently for all.  Trying to hunt up 15 boxes that front and rear fenders will fit in would probably be tough.  They won't weigh much, so I'm hoping shipping will be pretty reasonable.  Provided we can find boxes reasonably, anyway.

When shipping UPS from an account they go by weight and already have pre set container sizes in most cases. They know what to expect.

I have shipped at least four sets of plastic in the last six months. Only one of them was intrastate (Ohio) and it was about $32. All the rest were between $40-55. That was with FedEx. UPD has a size restriction that adds an additional $20 for over sized box and fuel surcharges.

Boxes are no issue. I work for a freight company. We always have boxes sitting around.

With that said, you CAN ship plastic just 'wrapped' up in plastic for around $25. But I have seen that go very, very wrong. I would have no part of it. It's just not worth the headaches. Trying to get money back from any shipping service is like trying to pull teeth.

Lurker and I were just talking about this project and may have some things figured out later today. We are both less than an hour from them.

jesshamner

#20 Post by jesshamner »

The last time I was at the UPS store I asked the guy how they go about figuring the charges. He told me its by weight up to a certain size. When the package starts to get big, then they figure by weight and size. He wouldn't give me exact dimensions and weights.