prm products

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
JeffQuadShop

#11 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by CptHook
Ive never been a big fan of swingarm skids, at least with bikes that have chain/sprocket, my worry is the skid getting hit somewhere and bending up into my chain and/or sprocket (happened to my cousin on one of our rides), thats why I just stick with the composite ones that will bend back.
That will not be a problem with a PRM skid. I tried using the stock ones in TX last year and when the race was over the stock ones where wore completely through totally exposing the rotor and sprocket. I'm sure they would work fine where there are no rocks.

fred

#12 Post by fred »

Jeff,

Which GNCC events would you feel comfortable running the stock swingarm skids?

JeffQuadShop

#13 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by fred
Jeff,

Which GNCC events would you feel comfortable running the stock swingarm skids?
Probally none, almost all of them have rocks or roots that could tear the stock ones off. Its not worth the risk.

jacobw

#14 Post by jacobw »

I have run the stock skids for quite some time and my brother got a skid for his z400 from suzuki and a couple of races it was bent to he** while I have roughed my stockys and they still look decent cannondale stock skids are pretty tough compared to other quads stock skids and we have alotta rocks in missouri we are the rock capitol!

CANNIBALKID

#15 Post by CANNIBALKID »

rocks+west by god = no stocker for me:)

JeffQuadShop

#16 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by jacobw
in missouri we are the rock capitol!
LMAO....try riding in PA, WV or MD!

jacobw

#17 Post by jacobw »

is it pretty rough over there jeff I dont really know I have never been outta missouri much? A tire ball question I dont know much about them if I bought them per say how much is the overall cost of all 4 tires and what is the best air pressure to run in them? How much advantage a C class racer like me would get outta runnin the since I know you have experience with them

JeffQuadShop

#18 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Yes, its probally the rockyest states I've raced in.

I just answered that question for you in the QuadZone thread.

cdrookie

#19 Post by cdrookie »

i like the stock swing arm skids personally. i bent the rotor guard and replaced them with a thick, heavy prm. last 4-5 races of the season i raced with a loose chain cause i couldn't adjust it enough due to the rotor digging into the skid. became a pain to take it off every week to beat it back into shape. i completely wore down the rotor side till there was hardly anything left. they do give you a little extra ground clearance though.

jacobw

#20 Post by jacobw »

yeah more than likey the prm skid will be just fine I dont go am try find the biggest rocks in the trail to hit I usually avoid any major obstacles like big rocks and stumps!smile.gif