got my shockwears!

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Jaybr

#11 Post by Jaybr »

Yep, burnt mine on the first ride up the driveway. The quad hadn't been running 10 minutes when I smelled it burning. I thought maybe it was because of the HMF pipe, guess not.

4punksdad

#12 Post by 4punksdad »

thanks for the tip guys. I wasn't too concerned with the back shock anyway since you cant see it. But the front shocks being yellow looked odd on the LE model. Looks Like the kids quad is getting a rear shockwear!

KYmxracer52

#13 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Couldn't a guy possibly wrap some exhaust tape around the head pipe to shield the heat away from the cover? I just spent $50 on Elka covers, thank goodness I haven't put them on yet! I used the tape on my 250R to block the heat from the Fullbore plastic.

4punksdad

#14 Post by 4punksdad »

these guys were right. the head pipe is VERY close to the shock. That shockwear doesn't stand a chance. The heat tape will stick to plastic, but I doubt it will stick to the head pipe and not get hot.

drbowtie

#15 Post by drbowtie »

Ah, Joe... Is that?:eek: Could it be...sad.gif Just when I thought we had something special going...:eek: I see that you are a communist and own a F-O-R-D?:eek:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! biggrin.gif

Join us now as we take a journey... A journey to... "Webster's Dictionary!"

drbowtie: Doc'-ter Bow-ty. From the root word bowtie which is the name of the Chevrolet Emblem and the doctor word meaning to comprehend all workings and the ability to modify and or repair.

4punksdad

#16 Post by 4punksdad »

Originally posted by drbowtie
Ah, Joe...  Is that?:eek:   Could it be...sad.gif   Just when I thought we had something special going...:eek:   I see that you are a communist and own a F-O-R-D?:eek:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!  :D

Join us now as we take a journey...  A journey to...  "Webster's Dictionary!"

drbowtie:  Doc'-ter Bow-ty.  From the root word bowtie which is the name of the Chevrolet Emblem and the doctor word meaning to comprehend all workings and the ability to modify and or repair.

lol.........dont get too excited. I am a chevy man too. I had a sister who worked for ford and I got my vehicles at 2% below dealer invoice. money talked & my bowtie had to walk. She quit her job so my next truck will most likely be another GM product.

4punksdad

#17 Post by 4punksdad »

pic of my last GM truck smile.gif

drbowtie

#18 Post by drbowtie »

Joe mister... You take my razzin pertty good! Nice dually but it can't hold a candle to that new FERD ye-all gots that is a nice truck!

Now you need to come back home to GM. We've got quite a truck right now... My last two demo's were Duramax's with the Allison 5 speed.. Arh, Arh, Arh... Talk about testosterone...

Dogonit... Wish I knew more about these C-dales so I could post more informative topic driven conversation... I just like the site. I promise to grow up as fast as I can!

JST

#19 Post by JST »

What about using header wrap insted of using the tape,kinda like the stuff you use on automotive headers to keep the heat from melting plug wires???

KYmxracer52

#20 Post by KYmxracer52 »

That's the stuff I was talking about. Should've made myself more clear on that:)