250r kits coming?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
haydug

#11 Post by haydug »

Guys, calm down, they will be for sale and available here when he finish's them. As Adam stated, he is to test a subframe, and the tanks are not done yet. I have talked to Chuck, seems like a super stand up guy, and he wants them in his hands as well before listing them for sale. Besides, the first 5 kits are spoken for, as I believe Adam gets the very first one.

iceracer17

#12 Post by iceracer17 »

I know his first order of tanks is 10.

haydug

#13 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by iceracer17
I know his first order of tanks is 10.

Yeah, that's what he said. But, then take out warren57's, chuck's, his partners, I get one, and I'm sure he has another at least spoken for, so there goes first 5.
But, that also leaves 5 left.

Derno24

#14 Post by Derno24 »

Yeah but a price of $800!!!!:wow

theJeStEr1340

#15 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I hope they don't cost $800 that would make me :cry: cause I could never afford one.

iceracer17

#16 Post by iceracer17 »

$$$$ That's why people haven't gotten these done.
You wouldn't believe how much the tanks themselves are.
Chuck is also working on another Wi. company to reintroduce c-dale products also.Stay tuned!smile.gif

UpsMan

$$$$

#17 Post by UpsMan »

Its always hard to produce something like this low-volume. If you had the cash to produce 100 instead of 10, the price per unit would drop a lot. But who has that kind of cash? The big companies that can afford to do that are making products for hondas and suzukis and yamahas. Walsh doesn't make these anymore because they are too busy making things for those brands. Same goes with most companies. Its nice that some companies step up and actually make things for cannondales.

cannondale27

#18 Post by cannondale27 »

He had to buy jigs from Walsh for tank and everything.I bet they werent cheap with the number of us out there probably not a money maker.Isnt Fullbore plastic almost $700?

Derno24

#19 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by cannondale27
He had to buy jigs from Walsh for tank and everything.I bet they werent cheap with the number of us out there probably not a money maker.Isnt Fullbore plastic almost $700?

I wouldn't compare it to the plastic as no one really bought the Fullbore plastic. Last time I spoke to them they said there was maybe 8-9 sets out there!

I know things are expensive, but we as a site have been doing well to keep costs down.

cannondale27

#20 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes I agree.High price is why I dont own the Fullbore.Kind of a dream item for my pocket book.Derno makes a valid point.If a item makes just a little profit more may be ABLE to justify buying it making overall profit better.Just not sure how much Chuck has into this but it must be substantial.When he asked me how many I thought he could sell I said 10 which I figured was a reasonable guess.Pricing was probably based on that.