Buying NERF Bars

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
EuroGOD

#11 Post by EuroGOD »

Originally posted by haydug
I would also look into some kind of non-intrusive heel guard, I am trying to get used to them now after my last crash over 2 months ago, and still can't walk exactly right.

The largest problem I have with most of the heel guards around is they form a basket shape that fills with mud. I've got an idea or 2 to try out there though.
Thanks and keep 'em coming.

Any advice over netting? Coverage, amount of sag, material width etc.
Colour will be anything you want....as long as it's BLACK!

KYmxracer52

#12 Post by KYmxracer52 »

I like the new AC Propegs where they have four columns of netting. Less likely to get your foot hung in the nets in a crash. I also like how AC has their nerfs to turn up at the outside. It gives me a little extra "push" in the corners.

Jaybr

#13 Post by Jaybr »

I think a little turn up on the nerf itself would be good. Maybe not so much for MX, but in the woods it would probably help when sliding over obsticles.

cdalepilot

#14 Post by cdalepilot »

these are graydon proline, but there was no such thing as a propeg out when i bought mine , i seen what jeramia jones did with his at the time so i did the same thing , bought a extra set of stock pegs and cut off the mounting part and bolted them on to my other pegs , works awsome and looks alright to. just my .2 cents.:head:

CdaleRacer0128

#15 Post by CdaleRacer0128 »

yeah, on my warriors nerfs, the ckinda come up a little bit in the back, not if they were bent, but like if they just follow a line going more upwards than parallel with the frame tube..

i never had a problemw ith the stock healguards, til my foot busted through and i almost ran myself over:eek:

also, on netting. take a look at the new graydon netting, i really like that, or a kind like the pro's acs. Very close together, no room for your foot to get stuck, and NO 4 inches of gap between frame rail and netting like on the factory nerfs..

my warrior..

thomez

#16 Post by thomez »

Yeah, what in the heck is up with that big gap? :confused:

cdalepilot

#17 Post by cdalepilot »

you mean the new graydon proline spider netting, i don't really care for it myself. do you have some plastic missing from your quad ?:confused:

OCR

#18 Post by OCR »

The X-Factors use a longer bolt that goes through the Frame rail bit sits flush agaisnt the frame hole where the black caps go, so it looks like it is running through the frame, but it actually isnt. Look at the X-Factors, they are prolly the most "perfect" nerfs out there. They are swept up ever so slightly, bolt to the frame rails, but are long enough not to have any gaps where a tire or tree can get ya, use a stainless steel peg area (and its replacable). The welds are flawless. -Chris

Jaybr

#19 Post by Jaybr »

That gap at the frame actually comes in handy if you need to drop your foot to backup. I know some guys that leave the inner most straps loose and tie them back so they get a larger gap and can put their foot down to backup easier. Not much need for that on an MX track, but the woods is a different story.

cdalepilot

#20 Post by cdalepilot »

i don't know for sure what gap thomez is talking about ,but i was wondering about the gap on the warrior just above the motor below the seat ,looks like there is some missing. :confused: