haydug 250r conversion

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
TheJaspMan

#11 Post by TheJaspMan »

Without looking silly: I assume you are losing some tank volume with this setup?

It looks great. Do you think it feels stable? Or does the change in geometry make any real diffrence?

thomez

#12 Post by thomez »

First post says the tank will hold approx 1.75 gallons of fuel.

What kind of geometry do you mean? It doesn't change any suspension geometry just changes the plastic so you can quit knockin knees on there...

TheJaspMan

#13 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by thomez
First post says the tank will hold approx 1.75 gallons of fuel.

What kind of geometry do you mean? It doesn't change any suspension geometry just changes the plastic so you can quit knockin knees on there...

I saw that. But I was too lazy to look up how much fuel the current tank holds.

And the geometry is not strictly the suspension. If the seat ride goes down and possibly forward or back then the geometry of the quad changes.

In other words if you sit lower in the seat it would stand to reason that it would help the center of gravity. But if you sat down and back the nose might want to rise up. And sitting lower does it make the steering more twitchy? Or can you use the stock stem with a low bend bar and get the same response as stock?

I was originally interested in this setup for myself. But now that I am getting my wife a Cdale I am very interested. But what I don't want is a 440 that has a tendency to bring the nose up all the time. This could get a little dangerous while she is learning to take large jumps or when trail riding.

The conversion itself is a great idea and looks teriffic. I was just wonder how much seat time the R&D had on this to see if it took more control to ride this way. Or if they noticed no change at all. Definitly not dissin it.

thomez

#14 Post by thomez »

I think stock is 3.2 gallons of fuel.

I don't know about how it rides other than lower seat height (lower center of gravity). If you don't want a Cannondale to wheely, use the Cannibal traction map... holy cow that thing is tame! LOL.

TheJaspMan

#15 Post by TheJaspMan »

I think stock is 3.2 gallons of fuel.

I don't know about how it rides other than lower seat height (lower center of gravity). If you don't want a Cannondale to wheely, use the Cannibal traction map... holy cow that thing is tame! LOL.

That's what I'll need for the wife! She's still used to the 300 auto-clutch. That thing makes you work to bring the nose up.

thomez

#16 Post by thomez »

If you stay off the very top end, that map is tame as could be. I saw Maz jump on it, get on the gas and jerk the bars and it didn't come up, he couldn't believe it. It was funny as heck. That thing is like a tractor and has the throttle response of one too. Give it a try sometime... very safe map. You could even have the rev limit set low and then it would be amazingly tame - in current form it does still have a good top end but it takes some patience to get it there.

TheJaspMan

#17 Post by TheJaspMan »

If you stay off the very top end, that map is tame as could be. I saw Maz jump on it, get on the gas and jerk the bars and it didn't come up, he couldn't believe it. It was funny as heck. That thing is like a tractor and has the throttle response of one too. Give it a try sometime... very safe map. You could even have the rev limit set low and then it would be amazingly tame - in current form it does still have a good top end but it takes some patience to get it there.

Without flying too far off topic: how do you feel this map compares to a 300ex power range? That is what I was going to get her. But I think a Cdale has a lot more room to grow. But she doesn't need even the power of a stock Cannibal at her current clutch level.

thomez

#18 Post by thomez »

I have never ridden a 300ex ..... the Blaze was my first sport quad :wow

TheJaspMan

#19 Post by TheJaspMan »

I have never ridden a 300ex ..... the Blaze was my first sport quad :wow

That's just not right. :w: tongue.gif

KYmxracer52

#20 Post by KYmxracer52 »

Does anyone know when Haydug is going to have these kits available? Will he have one at any Muddy Creek National by any chance?? I'd like to see one in person and sit on it to see how it feels. Maybe JFarrar would let me see his. i'm sure he'll be at Muddy Creek.