Blaze graphics

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
thedeatons

#21 Post by thedeatons »

I like Harlan and he is very good. We need to protect him in any way we can. The set up fees are regardless I believe, as their will still be a set up. I will talk with him some more...

thedeatons

#22 Post by thedeatons »

Here is the latest from Harlan...

Hi again James................I just looked at your pics again. I think I'd be interested in trying to do the decals for you. If you have the originals, it helps me a LOT! I could then get them totally accurate. And you're saying that no one else is doing them right? Thanks again James...................the short term problem is that we're leaving on 2/11 for a few months. THANKS! Please advise - Harlan

thedeatons

#23 Post by thedeatons »

Here is the scoop... We need to crap or get off the pot. It would be nice if a vendor jumped in on this, so we could decrease setup costs.... If you guys wanna try one set first, then that would work too. Remember, this guy is top notch. He does reproduction decals for the Honda Collection Hall in Japan. I can provide pics of his work if needed... Here is his last reply, his address is left out intentionally for now.

Hi James...............thanks for the email. Sounds good......here's the challenge. We're leaving on vaction on Feb 11. I'd like you to send the decals directly to the folks that do my printing - then can do them while
we're gone and they'll (hopefully) have them done by the time we get back (April 25) ....... their name and address is:
Signworks
825 North Tower Rd.
Fergus Falls, MN 56537

Their phone # is (218) 739-5333 (ask for Nick)

If you would feel more comfortable sending them directly to me, then send them to our Arizona address and I will send to Signworks.
My AZ address is:

-To be filled in when needed-

But if you send to the AZ address, please don't mail them until April 15th.

jake

#24 Post by jake »

doesn't r&s have decals you can buy already. i thought they still sold the old leftovers from when cannondale was still around..... not sure though. could be completely wrong.

MI_CDALE_Rider

#25 Post by MI_CDALE_Rider »

I'm interested if this happens...

jesshamner

#26 Post by jesshamner »

Rumor has it that ATK did buy all the intellectual property from Dinli. We might need to run it by them first like mentioned before.

kdeal

#27 Post by kdeal »

Once more for the slow people out there...... Dinli and / or ATK have never owned rights to the Cannondale name. That was the only thing not sold. No one has the rights to the Cannondale name or model names. The decals are useless to anybody but us. The only people who can complain is the Cannondale bicycle company and they disowned Cannondale Motorworks. So basically this will not be a problem.

PS: No rumor about it, Dinli sold the intelectual rights to ATK.

jesshamner

#28 Post by jesshamner »

Sorry I'm so slow. LOL. Back when Dinli bought the intellectual property I heard that it wasn't the Cannondale name but the rights to the model names. I guess I was misinformed.

kdeal

#29 Post by kdeal »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Feb 24 2008, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry I'm so slow. LOL. Back when Dinli bought the intellectual property I heard that it wasn't the Cannondale name but the rights to the model names. I guess I was misinformed.

I have a copy of a trade article somewhere that explains what everyone got, I would have to dig it out.

Remember that the bicycle and motorsports divisions were split before the sell-off since the bicycle division was still very profitable. The physical parts were all sold and the intellectual rights (CAD drawings and design rights) were sold to Dinli. The only thing not up for grabs was the naming rights (Cannondale name and the model names). This would be logical since the name Cannondale is still being used. BUT the application is still bicycles not motorsports. I think the Cannondale people would like to forget about the motorsports tie in all together. ATK would have never had them remade due to the fact that they could not use them on their "new" vehicles. But, I don't see a problem with replacement parts being made as long as we are not putting these on new vehicles and calling them Cannondales or using the model names on new vehicles. I have a lot of the different decal sets on hand and would love for a very good graphics company to at least scan the decal sets for future use and replication when we wanted them.

thedeatons

#30 Post by thedeatons »

Here is an example of Harlan's work on my 1981 Honda 185S 3 wheeler...