spider grips what do think?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
jacobw

#21 Post by jacobw »

well I am going to be getting Tag T2 bars and I am going to have to get some new grip so I dont know much about grip all I have ever had is the stock dale and I like them for wear and grip so I thought the spider might be similar to the stockys I might also try the Tag grips.

Derno24

#22 Post by Derno24 »

Grips are cheap. Buy a couple different sets. Put them on with an air compressor and secure with wire than if you don't like it reverse it and you still have a usable grip.

TheJaspMan

#23 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by jacobw
well I am going to be getting Tag T2 bars and I am going to have to get some new grip so I dont know much about grip all I have ever had is the stock dale and I like them for wear and grip so I thought the spider might be similar to the stockys I might also try the Tag grips.

What color? I have some black with yellow Spiders that we were going to use on my wifes Tag bars. But she went with black and pink instead.

jacobw

#24 Post by jacobw »

what do you mean by putting them on with the air compressor I have never put grips on so I am lost. Jasp let me look on spiders websight and see what they look like and I will let ya know!smile.gif

jacobw

#25 Post by jacobw »

jasp what model grips are these do ya know?

TheJaspMan

#26 Post by TheJaspMan »

jasp what model grips are these do ya know?

I'll check when I go home for lunch.

NRath

#27 Post by NRath »

I've never ridden with spiders, but have seen them. I can't see how they can be all the great for grip since they're basically smooth with a little raised waffling. But, like I said I haven't used them.

My first XC race, my hands got destroyed using the stock grips. I had 3 or 4 huge blisters with the skin missing on each hand! And yes, I was wearing gloves. It was nasty, and a very painful ride home trying to hold the steering wheel. I switched to ProGrip Gel motorcycle grips. They are awesome! I've only had one little blister since. They lasted the whole season last year and are still in good shape. Since they're wrapped in gel, they're a little fatter than most grips- which I like. Only catch is they're a little on the costly side since you have to buy two sets, but they've proven to be worth it to me at about $30 for both.

As far as flanges on the inside of the grip, I definitely prefer them. They really help to keep tired hands on the grips. They have to be a small flange, though, or they'll catch the thumb throttle.

I bet that doesn't help your grip decision much now does it?!!

jacobw

#28 Post by jacobw »

no I am getting tugged one way then I get tugged the other way I am not sure what to use ahhhh!:confused:

Derno24

#29 Post by Derno24 »

what do you mean by putting them on with the air compressor I have never put grips on so I am lost. Jasp let me look on spiders websight and see what they look like and I will let ya know!smile.gif

You take an adapter to make it just blow air. lift grip insert adapter squeeze trigger grip gets all puffy and slide onthe grip. When you do the second side poke a hole in the end of the other grip or it will pop off due to pressure. I speak from experience.

TheJaspMan

#30 Post by TheJaspMan »

Originally posted by NRath
I've never ridden with spiders, but have seen them.  I can't see how they can be all the great for grip since they're basically smooth with a little raised waffling.  But, like I said I haven't used them.

My first XC race, my hands got destroyed using the stock grips.  I had 3 or 4 huge blisters with the skin missing on each hand!  And yes, I was wearing gloves.  It was nasty, and a very painful ride home trying to hold the steering wheel.  I switched to ProGrip Gel motorcycle grips.  They are awesome!  I've only had one little blister since.  They lasted the whole season last year and are still in good shape.  Since they're wrapped in gel, they're a little fatter than most grips- which I like.  Only catch is they're a little on the costly side since you have to buy two sets, but they've proven to be worth it to me at about $30 for both.

As far as flanges on the inside of the grip, I definitely prefer them.  They really help to keep tired hands on the grips.  They have to be a small flange, though, or they'll catch the thumb throttle.

I bet that doesn't help your grip decision much now does it?!!

OK, your hands are just tooooo soft! tongue.gif