Carbon Fiber Number Plate Pic

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
tat

#31 Post by tat »

The BIGGEST difference in the hoods, is the PC one is truely a carbon fiber unit instead of a fiberglass unit that quadtech sold. I dont think there will be a patent issue because maier makes a 250R hood, which is the mirror image of a quadtech hood. Just a thought though.

CHAINSAW

#32 Post by CHAINSAW »

A lot... TONS of work goes into patenting something. Its also so simple to get around a patent, change one little thing and make it your own. I highly doubt anything was patented about these hoods. Ive done a lot of research on patents, and ATV hoods... biggrin.gif The only thing I stumbled over, was a patent by Bombardier and some fender setup they have.

Just my .02

speed 450mx

#33 Post by speed 450mx »

So how can we get them now?

BigJosh

#34 Post by BigJosh »

Scotty you trouble maker. You know I love you man. Ill take one of everything..........LOL

haydug

#35 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by guthrie08
i agree with rubicon2003, housercdale went out of his way to get me carbon parts for my cdale when i couldent find them anywhere. Either way at least PC is making cdale hoods now.

housercdale may be a good guy, I don't agree, or disagree since I do not know him at all. I know several times I have pm'd him about selling the carbon stuff. I have even deleted threads that are clearly advertising. I guess he has chosen to ignore them, and sell stuff via pm's and email. That is his business. However, Scott has approached my about selling the stuff on this site. As he can tell you, it didn't break the bank to list it, however with him donating to the site, I will protect his sales from being robbed by someone who is obviously not willing to donate a dime. As for patents and copying, all I've ever read is that everyone wants a quad tech, they won't build it, so now that someone else builds one, why worry if it's exactly like it. If you want one, now would be a good time to buy it.

Here is how to buy them from Cannondaleriders:
Scott Taylor
2840 Sussex st s.e
Warren , OH 44484
or the paypal address is ruredy4thesun@earthlink.net

Scott: call me, chainsaw just gave me a great idea today, and I'd like to throw it your way as well.

CDALE022002

#36 Post by CDALE022002 »

Thanks Doug . i really appreciate your support and for seeing through all of the BS.

The hood pics that were posted ,were of the first proto-type and not the final product. Before the pics were improperly posted on the site with none of the important info like ( final price shipped , since one has never been shipped from PC Carbon , Mark was still not sure of the shipping charges ) , color availability , definite wait time now that the first one has been completed . PC and I were considering making some modifications to the hood and wanted to gauge some interest and opinions about making the bottom skirt of the hood longer so you would not have to cut your plastic fenders , also thought about sloping the nose a bit . let me know what you guys think...

Happyboy

#37 Post by Happyboy »

Lower profile would be great. Its just freaking huge right now. Slope the nose down a good inch or two and I bet it would look much nicer.

Derno24

#38 Post by Derno24 »

Keep it as is. A lower profile and I would think it would look too much like stock. The higher sides would raise it too high. Nice thoughts though!smile.gif

CDALE022002

#39 Post by CDALE022002 »

I honestly feel the same way , leave it alone , but if I don't ask we'll never know. thanks

BigJosh

#40 Post by BigJosh »

:clap: I think we all owe you a big thank you. I personaly will thank your wife when I see her......LOL.........You know what I mean.........