spider grips what do think?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
jacobw

#31 Post by jacobw »

Originally posted by Derno24
You take an adapter to make it just blow air.  lift grip insert adapter squeeze trigger grip gets all puffy and slide onthe grip.  When you do the second side poke a hole in the end of the other grip or it will pop off due to pressure.  I speak from experience.

so what exactly is the grip insert adapter and I am still not real clear on this method. Like I say I am new to all racing a cannondales so I dont know alot. So you will have to bear with me

guthrie08

#32 Post by guthrie08 »

what i did with my old 300 grips was put double sided automoblie tape around the grip area, put a little gasoline on them to melt the tape and slid the grips on. they never buged but i imagine it would be difficult to take them off lol,

KYmxracer52

#33 Post by KYmxracer52 »

The adapter he is talking about is just a regular air tool you can buy for air compressors. It fits the female end of the air hose. Instead of the adapter that puts air in a tire, this one just has a small hole in the end and a trigger button that allows the air to release out. Just stick the grip on the bars as far as you can and grab the grip and pull it up enough off the bar to stick the tip of the air nozzle under it. Give it a little burst of air as you pull and wiggle it on up on the bars. If you want the grips to stay on really good, I fill the grip up with gasoline and let it sit for anywhere from 45-60 seconds depending on the grip compound. I then put wire on them for extra security.

Braff1

#34 Post by Braff1 »

Originally posted by jacobw
no I am getting tugged one way then I get tugged the other way I am not sure what to use ahhhh!:confused:

To find the best grip it is all trial and error. I have tried different renthal, pro grip, along with a group of others. You just need to find one that fits your riding style.

JeffQuadShop

#35 Post by JeffQuadShop »

I no longer get blisters since switching to spiders and they are also one of the reasons I won Sparta. Even in all that nasty mud I never had to stop and change gloves because I had no problems holding on to them even when they where covered with mud.
The best thing for installing grips is 3M Weatherstip adheasive, you can get it at Napa or any place that sells 3M products. No safty wire is need when using this product.

jacobw

#36 Post by jacobw »

jeff would the A3 the solid color spider grips be a solid choice for the stock replacement

cannondale27

#37 Post by cannondale27 »

Nice tip on the 3M tape Jeff.Thanks

JeffQuadShop

#38 Post by JeffQuadShop »

Originally posted by cannondale27
Nice tip on the 3M tape Jeff.Thanks
Its not tape, its a glue. Don't get it on your hands, its hard as **** to get it off.

cannondale27

#39 Post by cannondale27 »

I am going to try that.

jacobw

#40 Post by jacobw »

what is the best way to get the old grips off and slide the new ones on?