anybody ever try different plastic on a dale

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
jesshamner

#51 Post by jesshamner »

I should be receiving my 400ex plastic sometime this weekend.

SlOoT

#52 Post by SlOoT »

My plastic has been shipped, should also be here this weekend.

SlOoT

#53 Post by SlOoT »

Received my plastic, will try it tomorrow

speedracer

#54 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Nov 12 2009, 02:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Received my plastic, will try it tomorrow

The seat on the new YFZ looks nice,very Suzuki like,hope it can be modded to fit.

SlOoT

#55 Post by SlOoT »

Put it on today. It will be difficult to determine the excact position of the plastic due to the shape of the area around the fuel tank. The frame is a bit to wide there...

Stock fueltank will NEVER work, and I doubt stock subframe will work coz the rear plastic will be to high. I want it as low as possible.

Will make some pictures and upload them asap.

SlOoT

#56 Post by SlOoT »

I now have the plastic in place. It can be mounted very low.

It does require a podfilter setup, I have a Canniboomer podfilter setup, fits very good. Stock airbox will be difficult I think.
A new ECU tray has to be made to move the ECU back against the steering stem.
It is possible to use stock ECU tray, but it will look like a hack job...

A new, lower, subframe has to be made, but that is easy.

The difficult part is the fuel tank. I think I will make it underneath the seat, with a tube from the stock tankhole going down.

The coolant reservoir can fit in stock location, but will be very tight. I think I will slightly relocate it.

jesshamner

#57 Post by jesshamner »

Do you have any pics yet? My plastic came in last night but I won't be able to do anything with it until next weekend. My weekend just got booked solid thanks to my company's amazing skill at bidding for contracts! Yea for working all weekend! Not.

cannondale27

#58 Post by cannondale27 »

Sloot Haydug cut the battery tray out of the YFZ plastic.Maybe that would be enough to avoid subframe lowering?

MX Quad Dad

#59 Post by MX Quad Dad »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Nov 13 2009, 05:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The difficult part is the fuel tank. I think I will make it underneath the seat, with a tube from the stock tankhole going down.

This is what I had planned when my son was racing. I wanted to cut the tank size down and planned on useing a flexable hose from the tank to the filler cap so if I needed to change a plug quickly, all I would have to do would be remove the seat and gas cap then bend the hose out of the way.

SlOoT

#60 Post by SlOoT »

The YFZ plastic allready had the battery tray cut out. I'll upload some pics when I get back from work.