anybody ever try different plastic on a dale

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
SlOoT

#61 Post by SlOoT »

cannondale27

#62 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome!Hey sloot I got your shocks will get them done Monday and off to Boomer.

jesshamner

#63 Post by jesshamner »

So there is no way for the stock tank to fit underneath? Even if you heated it and mashed it to a smaller height where needed? I need 3 gallons of fuel.

Obviously you aren't finished but it looks like it should be moved forward about an inch. And I'm curious to see it on there with the stock subframe.

It definitely looks cool though! I can't wait to see if finished.

SlOoT

#64 Post by SlOoT »

The plastic could be moved forward about 1 inch without the stem hitting the plastic.

Stock fuel tank will be very difficult, I will make some pictures.

I will also make some pictures with stock subframe.

SlOoT

#65 Post by SlOoT »

I put the stock subframe on again, and took another good look. And I think stock subframe will work perfectly, when I remove the seat mounts and the top plastic mounts I think the plastic will fit perfect.

cannondale27

#66 Post by cannondale27 »

Great!I like the orange also!Who makes that plastic?

SlOoT

#67 Post by SlOoT »

The plastic is from Polisport. Very nice plastic, strong yet flexible. And I love those removeable front fenders.

I took an old (slightly) bend subframe and cut away the mounts, plastic fits very nice.

I also installed a stock radiator and gues what, the mounting hole from the YFZ plastic lines up with the mounting hole on the radiator.

The plastic is about 0.5-1 inch more forward then on the picture.

cannondale27

#68 Post by cannondale27 »

Do they make it in silver?I can see you using this orange on your KTMDale but silver would still distinguish a realdale as a Cannondale and I would like to keep that image.

I wonder if its possible to Plastiweld our stock tank?

SlOoT

#69 Post by SlOoT »

It is possible to weld our tanks, had it done to our KTM conversions.

I'm gonna get me a YFZ seat, and maybe it is even possible to use the stock fuel tank, but that depends on the shape and mounting points of the seat.

Polisport has these colors:
-Blue
-White
-Black
-Orange
-Silver

cannondale27

#70 Post by cannondale27 »

Awesome!I would really appreciate it if you setup a print or jig to do the tanks.If you can do it I will pay to have it done.