anybody ever try different plastic on a dale

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
CHAINSAW

#21 Post by CHAINSAW »

yeah, there is a nice place where the front and back doesnt match that well. Is it possable to move the front back some more so they will match up a little better?

c41xracer

#22 Post by c41xracer »

yeah fronts could be moved back some, but it wouldnt be perfect

CHAINSAW

#23 Post by CHAINSAW »

Im gonna get around to getting some to try sometime. Ill see what I can also do, to make some plastic parts to fill up some spaces maybe also. It will be awhile though, I have a lot on my plate right now, and trying to finish up other parts, and projects. That would be pretty cool to make a few finishing pieces to just throw on a stock set of R plastic,.. instead of buying a super high priced conversion kit, or fullbores gold plated plastic.

dvrack

27 ?/

#24 Post by dvrack »

Hey 27,
Did the yfz plastics work out? I have a set for an LT250 will try them next oil change.

cannondale27

#25 Post by cannondale27 »

I didnt get a chance to try them.Maybe this weekend.

c41xracer

#26 Post by c41xracer »

Chainsaw, i remember why the plastic is more forward.To cover the ECU tray.If it is modded like haydugs then it could be moved back to line up better

haydug

Re: 27 ?/

#27 Post by haydug »

Originally posted by dvrack
Hey 27,
Did the yfz plastics work out? I have a set for an LT250 will try them next oil change.

I played around with YFZ yesterday alittle. You will have to remove the headlights, you will have to cut out the whole battery box on the rear. The gas cap hole will be perfect for the airfilter to stick out of (clamp on boomer style that is). The overflow bottle will have to be relocated, or a very slim aluminum bottle made.
I'm thinking about doing this to mine, since I'm still waiting on a 250R kit, I think I'm going to build a YFZ kit.

haydug

#28 Post by haydug »

rear on a stock dale subframe.

CHAINSAW

#29 Post by CHAINSAW »

that looks a lot better then the R plastic IMO... That might be the way to go. thanks for the pics Doug.

Exodus

#30 Post by Exodus »

I'm going to try some Kaw plastic on mine tomorrow before I start pulling the motor. Not to sure how its going to look, and I really hate the Kaw seat, but we'll see what it look like.