anybody ever try different plastic on a dale

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
jesshamner

#101 Post by jesshamner »

Is there any way you can get detailed pics of it? Especially the subframe and mounts. And maybe some closeups of around the gas tank area. Thanks for the info!

JST

#102 Post by JST »

Lookin for another Dale,havent been here for a while and I see my old FX.The pic of the yellow 400ex plastic and black wheels.Ask any questions you might have,hopefully I can help.

jesshamner

#103 Post by jesshamner »

Awesome! First of all, do you have anymore pics of it? Did you do the mods yourself? Details about the gas tank? Did you use the 400ex seat or a Cannondale seat?

JST

#104 Post by JST »

QUOTE (jesshamner @ Nov 30 2009, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome! First of all, do you have anymore pics of it? Did you do the mods yourself? Details about the gas tank? Did you use the 400ex seat or a Cannondale seat?

I will have to go thru some old photos(didnt use a digi back then)and see what I have.Been a while but,the gas tank was made of stainless if I remember correctly.I had the kit for a short time.I think I got it off of haydug when I went to his shop he had.Some brackets would obviously have to be fabbed up butit was a close fit.With the gas tank it was not the same as the Walsh(I had that kit also) where as the Walsh was exposed.This kit would have needed to use the small black 400ex cover.As far as the seat goes,I dont remember..It did use the stock subframe.I wish I had more info to give ya.

SlOoT

#105 Post by SlOoT »

Some more pics. I got it mounted at 8 points now.

Still haven't found a seat though.

311racer

#106 Post by 311racer »

Sorry guys, Heres a picture of the 400ex kit tank and subframe. Its forsale.

dvrack

#107 Post by dvrack »

Sloot
That YFZ plastic looks like it could work with the tank (with a bit of trimming).
DAve

SlOoT

#108 Post by SlOoT »

It all depends on the shape and mounting points of the seat if the stock tank will work.

But it's easy for me to make an aluminum fuel tank.

Or maybe modify the stock fuel tank.

sjstar

#109 Post by sjstar »

man that is awsome sloot. whats the issues with the yfz seat? does the gas tank hit? Also aftermarket race yfz fenders would be much easier to work with since they are only two pieces front and back. They also have sperate shrouds so you could just run stock cdale shrouds.

SlOoT

#110 Post by SlOoT »

I'll have a YFZ seat within a week.