anybody ever try different plastic on a dale

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
SlOoT

#111 Post by SlOoT »

I have the seat.

I THINK that it is possible to use the stock fuel tank. I will try cutting away some stuff on the bottom of the seat, and maybe heat the fuel tank and reshape it a bit.

All I have to do then is cut away some plastic from the tankcover.

sjstar

#112 Post by sjstar »

QUOTE (SlOoT @ Dec 25 2009, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the seat.

I THINK that it is possible to use the stock fuel tank. I will try cutting away some stuff on the bottom of the seat, and maybe heat the fuel tank and reshape it a bit.

All I have to do then is cut away some plastic from the tankcover.

man if you can do it with stock yfz plastics it would be a piece of cake with race yfz fenders. Ill be waiting for the pics. Did you have to make any brackets?

SlOoT

#113 Post by SlOoT »

Yes, some custom brackets have to be made to make the plastic work.

I'll make some detailed pics when it's done.

dvrack

#114 Post by dvrack »

Sloot if you werent in the Netherlands I would buy you a beer, hope everything can work that would be a good alternative to ruining my good set of plastic on my Moto or the set that big elk hunter on the site painted on the quad I traded. I don't know if he will paint for anybody on the site but he does freaking great work.

big.elk.hunter

#115 Post by big.elk.hunter »

I am always up for painting others plastics. if anybody has any ideas of what they would like done, just ask. BTW I still have my old plastics and seat for sale if anyone is interested?? thanks.

chris

speedracer

#116 Post by speedracer »

QUOTE (dvrack @ Dec 26 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sloot if you werent in the Netherlands I would buy you a beer, hope everything can work that would be a good alternative to ruining my good set of plastic on my Moto or the set that big elk hunter on the site painted on the quad I traded. I don't know if he will paint for anybody on the site but he does freaking great work.

Oh,you have to post a pic now!

big.elk.hunter

#117 Post by big.elk.hunter »

ok, just look at my avatar.....

big.elk.hunter

#118 Post by big.elk.hunter »

Ooops!! now how do you delete that stupid picture?? that was a pic that my daughters old boyfriend edited by adding a stick man onto, and when looking at the thumbnail in my pics you can't see the stick man!! now you all can!! oh well!!

chris

dvrack

#119 Post by dvrack »

Chris if that is the same boyfriend that wrecked a quad I would change it from a stick man to a **** man. I tried getting a pic from the front but I am computer challenged, the thing I would point out in the pic is the plastic wasnt black to begin with.

Happyboy

#120 Post by Happyboy »

That plastic wasn't black? sharp looking guys! If you want just email me pics at seanbrise@gmail.com and i'll get em posted up. smile.gif

Now, I think you need to go ride that quad, its way to clean.