250r kits coming?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Derno24

#21 Post by Derno24 »

Just to let you know I am not bashing his idea or price just stating my concern. I may still try to get one myself.

KYmxracer52

#22 Post by KYmxracer52 »

That's great to hear that those are being made again. For those of you who haven't gotten the chance to ride a Dale with one, then you are in for a big suprise. They feel so low to the ground that you will hardly ever let out of the throttle in turns. And the ability to change color schemes so easily.

jacobw

#23 Post by jacobw »

like them but I dont want to stray from the dale look. I like the loook and dont want to cover that up LOL:D

theJeStEr1340

#24 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I have a couple of questions. What kind of grab bar does it use? and would it be cheaper to get the tanks made out of plastic? and do you need a different coolant bottle when running 250R plastic?

badvox

#25 Post by badvox »

Originally posted by iceracer17
You wouldn't believe how much the tanks themselves are.
[/B]

I would, when I had my dinky shop I ordered one for a guy that had a 250r. The guy about fell over when I told him how much it was. LOL Ya shoulda seen the look on his face when he found out how much it was to replace his cracked case.... ouch
I almost had to call a medic.

At some point they just become to expensive to repair when they are old. As long as you dont crack an r case their okay.

Hey price out some Meir 250R plastic... sheesh ouch

quadprorider

#26 Post by quadprorider »

Originally posted by theJeStEr1340
I have a couple of questions. What kind of grab bar does it use? and would it be cheaper to get the tanks made out of plastic? and do you need a different coolant bottle when running 250R plastic?

The subframe uses an 88-89 grab bar. I priced the aluminum gas tank from Walsh and I believe that it was $395 so depending on the price of the plastic ones price could vary. By the way the stock coolant bottle will work fine but the smaller aluminum ones would work even better.

warren557

plastic tank

#27 Post by warren557 »

Chucks original plan was to go with plastic tanks, but to get them made was way to expensive. The molding place was going to charge more for the setup fee than he possibly would ever make on the tanks and subframe combined. Thats why there aluminum.

Chuck_W

#28 Post by Chuck_W »

Hey just to let you know the grab bar can either be a 250R or a Honda 450r. They are both the same bolt pattern. I am making a few 400Ex sub frames for a guy and he wanted to use the 450r grab bar, so I had one in my shop and for the heck of it I tried it on Adams Walsh subframe and it was a perfect match. I just finished up 3 subframes today and tried the 450r on my subframe and it looks real sweet. I will take a picture tomorrow when I am in the shop if it is cool with haydoug.

On the plastic tank, Adam is right, it would have cost me almost $30,000 to have a plastic one made. I met with the guy that is doing my powder coating today and I am going with a silver color that almost looks like a polished finished. The tanks should be done mid to end Feb. Adam will be getting one of the subframes in a week or so to take with him and put it to the test for me..

theJeStEr1340

#29 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

I wonder how much I could get for a set of black plastic, subframe and grab bar. Anyone?

icestud

#30 Post by icestud »

Finally a place i can go here in wisconsin. smile.gif