Plastic Paint does it work?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
jesshamner

#11 Post by jesshamner »

Thats pretty sweet.

MyCannibal

#12 Post by MyCannibal »

that is bada$$....but i agree...that would only take about 2 minutes to screw up in the trails....why do you think all you duners quads always look immaculate?...because you're basically riding in nothing...i strive to keep my quad immaculate and i think i do a pretty good job...but once i hit the trails all those hours of hard work are thrown out the window....by the way im not doggin duners at all....

proflow

#13 Post by proflow »

I agree 100% on the prep being the key to decent paint work. As with anything its only as good as its foundation. With that said, the battle we Dale owners actually have with this plastic is its very similar to what we in the autobody trade call "grease bumpers". One example of this is a new Nissan bumper covers that gets baked multiple times to sweat out the impregnated oils that are in the plastic itself before even bothering to prep for paint. No I would not recommend baking our plastic. So far I have tried many forms of plastic prep on the Dale front & rear plastic only to have it fail. My Banshee plastic is a different story due to the fact it is not oil impregnated. On the Dale the small parts that dont flex much are usually alright if prepped correctly & the surface seal is not broken. Its only a short amount of time (24-48 hrs) until the flex agent put in the paint or clear has evaporated. Its sole purpose is for reassembly. I wish somebody would produce a set of blk. plastics for our machines at a reasonable cost. Hope this helps---Proflow

peterock

#14 Post by peterock »

Fullbore has our plastics in black as a reasonable cost for plastics.

speedracer

#15 Post by speedracer »

Isnt Fullbore about $600?Do they have a deal on black?

proflow

#16 Post by proflow »

Looks like I need to round up some cash ! Oh crap, I almost forgot its time to rebuild the wifes Dale. Good thing I remembered that one ! ohmy.gif ----Proflow

jesshamner

#17 Post by jesshamner »

LMAO...Fullbore and reasonable don't belong in the same sentence. But fullbore plastics are pretty much our only option so what are you going to do? I'm not bashing fullbore's products by any means but the price is a little high for my liking. They look great though.

wistech

#18 Post by wistech »

Quad plastics color is in the material for a reason . It allows it to be very flexible for the environment it is in. The only other way to truly change its color is to cover it with something similar. Decals and graphics are the most succesful method. Far more durable than any paint or coating you can spray on.

MyCannibal

#19 Post by MyCannibal »

It would be cool if we could get some type of wrap for the plastic with different colors and designs on it...kinda like the bassmaster boats and I've even seen them on vehicles...it would probably be time consuming to do but it would be interesting to see the results...just thought I'd throw that out there...lol.

speedracer

#20 Post by speedracer »

You can paint plastic,just have to use auto finishes.I painted some plastic with blue color shifting paint and clear coated it.Held up very well for two seasons,but it was not spray cans,it was pro.auto paint designed for flex-abilty.I do remember reading about dipping plastic to get a camo effect,a company did it,but I dont recall who.