250r conversion questions

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
hnnblehscnnble

#1 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

ok guys i am in the process of buying a walsh 250r conversion and have some questions on the best,cleanest looking way to mount plastics etc.pictures would help alot.i know jenkins posted some pics but for some reason my computer isnt showing them.i do not have it in my hands yet so my mind is wandering on what i have to do.im buying laker custom plastics for it and i already bought a 250r quad tech hood brand new.i still need a seat.but that is besides the point.from what i have heard you have to fab some bracketry to hold the plastics on.

kyle

Psychosis

#2 Post by Psychosis »

I'll show you what I did once I get a chance tomorrow. My fronts have two bolts and have never had a problem, but the backs of the front plastic holes are held w/a tiestrap, lol.

I don't recommend doing the rears how I did though so I'll leave it off. Works perfect but was only done b/c the seat pan had a problem w/it and I had to improvise.

Others will chime in though.

theJeStEr1340

#3 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

see the black pieces mounted on the front shocks, just some steel plate folded over.

mock up wiht plastic on

I just used the threaded clips from the back of my side spars, slid them over the mounts and voila, tapped hole.
The back side of the plastic was zip tied down (using heavy duty zip ties that had little releases on them) and the rear was held on by the seat.

hnnblehscnnble

#4 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

sweet but doesnt the 250r plastics have mounting points that you cant see ie like not on the fenders?

sweet but doesnt the 250r plastics have mounting points that you cant see ie like not on the fenders?

theJeStEr1340

#5 Post by theJeStEr1340 »

probably, I drilled those 2 holes, felt it would be the best way to mount the plastic.

hnnblehscnnble

#6 Post by hnnblehscnnble »

ok guys im still stuck.im going to figure out the plastic situation later.i want to find a way to use an ohlins rear piggy back style.im told the ressy will hit the subframe of a walsh 250r kit.i need to buy a rear shock seeing how usps lost one i sold and i sold another i had as well.

does anyone have pics of measurements from mounting point to where the ressy will hit?i want my friend who is aws certified in welding to modify the subframe to allow the use of the shock buy notching it or making the spot have clearance by cutting it out and detouring the tubing for the shock without weakening the subframe.i know some of you wouldnt find other alternatives but this is a small part of my bigger picture biggrin.gif .any input is greatly appreciated!

kyle

skip1big

#7 Post by skip1big »

i used my stock moto shock when i did the 250 r kit and it worked out fine...

o and mine was a walsh kit too