headlamp bulbs fixed at last

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
wayneschofield

#1 Post by wayneschofield »

[attachment=2149:attachment]Is it just me or does everyone suffer with the glass part of the headlamp bulbs falling off due to vibration after a while?

Anyway, I've fixed it by replacing the whole lamp assembly with one from PIAA.

They are almost a direct swap and they actually fit the apatures better than the originals did- even after removing the foam rim so they didn't point into the clouds (this is England, we don't get sky, just clouds)

The single bolt and spacers are replaced with two shorter bolts fitted from either side and the wiring needed the connector changing.

The beam is much better for distance, but is a little narrower. They are brighter and much, much, better at high speed. They are still 37W like the stockers, so there's no charging issues.

The part number is EPSS511 for anyone interested.

wanablaze

#2 Post by wanablaze »

Good find, thank you for sharing.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

... awesome !

kdeal

#4 Post by kdeal »

Wayne,

I can't find your part number on PIAA's Web site. They do show a 510 series though. The cost is a little steep $234.00 US dollars. What did you pay, and did you get these from a PIAA supplier or an OEM application?

wayneschofield

#5 Post by wayneschofield »

They are from the 510 series. I think they only list each 'series' on the website and the actual models are picked from a 'series' depending upon whether they have a black or chrome back, a grill over the glass, beam pattern etc.

I got them from a PIAA supplier for free (he is a customer already), but then, even if I had paid full price for them it's still cheaper than week off work 'cos you've bust yourself up driving home in the dark, not to mention the quad damage!

Chicken

#6 Post by Chicken »

Awesome find i think ill sooner or later find a set to swap out

as a matter of fact i had a bulb vibrate out last time i rode

10 thumbs up cool.gif

Chicken

cannondale27

#7 Post by cannondale27 »

If you cant afford the good lamps Wistech came up with trick to clean stock bulb well then using JB weld encase the posts just up to the bulb works great and cheapo light will last till they burn out like normal.Just have to be careful not to get the JB on the bulb itself.