HOW TO? Remove the Foot Peg Studs from AC Racing A-Arms

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
WEJER

#1 Post by WEJER »

AC Racing - Foot Peg Studs for Nerf Bars:

I feel stupid asking, but, I've spent 30 minutes trying to remove the foot peg studs from a pair of AC Foot Peg Mounts for some Nerf Bars.

Any tips for getting the peg studs off? I've removed every observable bolt...tapped, banged, rotated....nothing yet.

Recomendations welcome for the mechanically handicapped!

WEJER

WEJER

#2 Post by WEJER »

Done !!!

Walked back out to the garage, after my brain fart!

Simple bolt inside of 3" peg, removed bolt.....the peg was removed.

Wow, who would have ever thought of that!

QUOTE (WEJER @ Mar 25 2007, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AC Racing - Foot Peg Studs for Nerf Bars:

I feel stupid asking, but, I've spent 30 minutes trying to remove the foot peg studs from a pair of AC Foot Peg Mounts for some Nerf Bars.

Any tips for getting the peg studs off? I've removed every observable bolt...tapped, banged, rotated....nothing yet.

Recomendations welcome for the mechanically handicapped!

WEJER

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

This is funny. I bought some of these used, and I was looking at them trying to figure out how they mounted. I just couldn't figure out how one mounting bolt could be strong enough to support the peg. Eventually after a couple of beers I figured it out, but it really had me confused for awhile. I could have just called the guy I got them from, but that would have been too easy. Just looking at them, it isn't real obvious that the bolt goes inside the peg, but after holding it up and looking at the wear on it, I could tell from the positioning that it had to be there, and sure enough, that was the ticket.

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea that one is tricky.One of mine everytime I tighten it I end up leaving the allen socket in there since it slips off the extension.Originally it had bolts but socket wouldnt fit on them.Hole must have been drilled a bit off center.So your not only one who has done some cussing at those propegs!