Speed decals on black plastics?

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Nickc711

#1 Post by Nickc711 »

anybody ever put the 03 speed decals on black plastics......? Taxi Dale?

rayspeed

#2 Post by rayspeed »

I have always wondered how that would look myself, only thing is that there is alot of silver background there.
Some quality time and an exacto knife and maybe alot of it could be cut out to make it look not so out of place or tacked on... but I dont know.
Have never seen it done... you might be the first! I wanna see pics if you do it!
Then again I will probably never spend the money for a good set of black plastic, but you never know!
Ray

Nickc711

#3 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (rayspeed @ Oct 26 2007, 01:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have always wondered how that would look myself, only thing is that there is alot of silver background there.
Some quality time and an exacto knife and maybe alot of it could be cut out to make it look not so out of place or tacked on... but I dont know.
Have never seen it done... you might be the first! I wanna see pics if you do it!
Then again I will probably never spend the money for a good set of black plastic, but you never know!
Ray

I currently have red plastics. dry.gif but one reason im asking is because my one buddy has a rc truck that i painted black with yellow checkers and it looks sweet...you are right you will need to some trimming but i hope somebody does it...

ozarkdaler

#4 Post by ozarkdaler »

You could take the grahics to a vinyl shop and have them replicate another set in the color you want. It might be a little money but, weigh it against the time it takes to cut the silver out and on top of that the look at the end of the job.

Nickc711

#5 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Oct 26 2007, 06:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You could take the grahics to a vinyl shop and have them replicate another set in the color you want. It might be a little money but, weigh it against the time it takes to cut the silver out and on top of that the look at the end of the job.

without black plastic...well it just is pointless

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

QUOTE (Nickc711 @ Oct 26 2007, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
without black plastic...well it just is pointless

I was just talking in general.

Nickc711

#7 Post by Nickc711 »

QUOTE (cjenkins @ Oct 27 2007, 01:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was just talking in general.

ooooooo sorry wink.gif