CF skid plate

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
wayneschofield

#31 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Nov 19 2007, 03:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The FMF Ti pipes are only considered usable for one season of racing, that is what they sell them as anyway. I have noticed this with my two, they are both cracking around the frame mounting tabs...

I will likely only be using the first few inches of the headpipe if what I have in mind works out on the dyno....

I plan to make dyno test pieces in stainless then get the optimised design made up with Ti tube and carbon/Ti can. I will likely end up with a short flexy section somewhere in the system. Ti is very much more flexible that steel of course, when suitably treated.....

wayneschofield

#32 Post by wayneschofield »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Nov 19 2007, 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They would know by the clamping marks on the bar... Easton is very specific about the way you torque their bars, and they will void a warranty if they are overtorqued.... Wonder if they would be wise to the different clamping pattern?

I'd be a bit more bothered about the other implications of a bar failure than those of a warranty claim for the cost of the bars.....

thedeatons

#33 Post by thedeatons »

True, although I run them on my mt. bikes, and bicycles have always hurt me worse than motorized vehicles (seem bikes always tangle you up...)

You will have to let me know what you find with the Ti pipes. I love the Ti factor, but can't stand supporting FMF, a company who will not support (or acknowledge) us Cannondalers....

jesshamner

#34 Post by jesshamner »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Nov 19 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, although I run them on my mt. bikes, and bicycles have always hurt me worse than motorized vehicles (seem bikes always tangle you up...)

You will have to let me know what you find with the Ti pipes. I love the Ti factor, but can't stand supporting FMF, a company who will not support (or acknowledge) us Cannondalers....

Or quads for that matter. It seems like FMF favors the bikes.