Blaze graphics

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Nickc711

#11 Post by Nickc711 »

wait before you go copying the decals....there are vector images of them in the 03 parts catalog and can be edited be adobe illistrator or similar program. If it is locked there are free programs to unlock it. Not sure it is legal if you are not the rightfull owner but it works.

thedeatons

#12 Post by thedeatons »

Harlan is willing to do the decals for us, but here is what he had to say. Once again, he is the best. His reproduction decals are on display at the Honda Collection Hall in Japan. Honda approved them.

Hi James...............thanks for the pics. That's a NEAT looking ATV! I wish I could give you a price but I can't. Here are some of the details.

1) Have the decals all been discontinued and no longer available? I ask that for copyright reasons.

2) I will incure a graphic artists "setup" fee - anywhere from $25 to $40 per decal that I will have to include in the charges.

3) The final price per decal is based on the size of the decal.

4) When were these ATV's made - what year to what year?

5) Who is the manufacturer?

6) RE: plastic gas tanks - decals will start to "bubble" if applied directly to plastic gas tanks. However, if they are applied to plastic "shrouds" they will be fine as long as it is a smooth surface if you know what I mean.

Please advise......................thanks James.

peterock

#13 Post by peterock »

I wouldn't get too excited. I do believe ATK does own the rights to them actually. ATK probably wouldn't care if asked though. Not trying to be negative or anything. Just a word of caution so you don't get Harlan in trouble.

1) Have the decals all been discontinued and no longer available? I ask that for copyright reasons.

thedeatons

#14 Post by thedeatons »

I thought Dinli owned the rights? If you can shed light on this that would be good. We would probably need something from ATK saying they released liability or something of that nature....

wanablaze

#15 Post by wanablaze »

KDeal,
Do you still have the '03 Blaze graphics I sent you?

kdeal

#16 Post by kdeal »

Yep, I was hoping we could get them duplicated before we sold them. If Deatons can get something going maybe we can at least get them scanned for future use.

thedeatons

#17 Post by thedeatons »

I can make it happen, Harlan seems interested, but I would like to hear what comes back from ATK about the rights...

kdeal

#18 Post by kdeal »

ATK does not have any rights to the Cannondale name & Dinli has the intellectual rights only. The bankruptcy deals were for everything but rights to the names and model names. These decals do ATK no good what so ever. In fact they were working a deal with me a couple of years ago to purchase all of the decals. They strung me along for several months and then never called me back with an inventory list or price. That's when they started showing up on Ebay. They found that there was a market for them, hence money and there was never a chance I would see them then. I probably have as much as anyone out there except maybe Boomer. The only people that have a legal right to them would be the Cannondale bicycle company, and I don't see them giving us any headaches as long as they are marketed towards the motorsports industry, not the bicycle industry.

thedeatons

#19 Post by thedeatons »

Okay, that goes along with a response I sent Harlan. Perhaps we can get an inventory together. He said he could do it. I am waiting on his latest response....

peterock

#20 Post by peterock »

I received a batch of decals from ATK as to the stuff they have a lot of. Could take this into consideration to cut costs a little so you don't have as much set-up fees. I am checking with N-style to see what they still have and if they will remake any as they did a lot of the graphics. They are of course a little apprehensive after being burned by cannondale.