Check this out

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Chicken

#1 Post by Chicken »

hey i whipped this up in about a hour and it looks a lot better then the plastic gas tank cover by your gas cap.

ill post pics of it on the quad tomorrow..

i screwed up on the one bolt hole but you cant tell when installed.

i think i am going to modify this so it is my key plate and led status light kit bracket.
then i can get rid of that ugly stock handle bar key plate..

what do you think of it...

Chicken

Dachshund

#2 Post by Dachshund »

I think that is a neat idea to put the key/status etc. on there. The only potential problem I can see, is if your running open filter setup.

cannondale27

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

Heck yeah that looks great.For open filter some Louvers would be perfect.Chicken you found your $ maker.I will buy one especially if you can find someone to louver it.

thedeatons

#4 Post by thedeatons »

If you wanna make power, then the key/lights there are a bad idea. Actually the lights would be fine but the key is too big. Our open air filters take up the entire space under the tank cover, and actually touch the underside of it because of their height... Otherwise it looks nice, you have a nice skill!

Chicken

#5 Post by Chicken »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Feb 6 2008, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heck yeah that looks great.For open filter some Louvers would be perfect.Chicken you found your $ maker.I will buy one especially if you can find someone to louver it.

yea this could work great with the open filter setup!!!
i never even thought
i don't have a louver machine out here but i may have some other aluminum material that would work in the same manner.
ill post pics of it...

Chicken

Chicken

#6 Post by Chicken »

here are the pics of it on the wheeler

Chicken

rayspeed

#7 Post by rayspeed »

Just to let you know...
I did not have any luck with those tank vents. I lost a couple of them riding aggressivly... one good tank slapper and its gone! I also went thru a couple of gas caps breaking out the middle. Maybe I was tightning them too much or the tank could have been building pressure cause I did not clean them enough! But I have not had that problem since I went back to the hose. You might want to make sure you have a spare gas cap around.
Ray

thedeatons

#8 Post by thedeatons »

Our tank vents work fine. We hit whoops in the sand in 5th... Ride pretty hard, jumping, etc. On mine I added epoxy because the kids pull them off (3 year old).... The kid made it past the epoxy... sigh.

claas900

#9 Post by claas900 »

My tether takes them off for me.

thedeatons

#10 Post by thedeatons »

I always forget to hook that up... !!