plastic painting and decals

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
BSLEETER

#1 Post by BSLEETER »

where do i find special paint made for four wheeler plastic? and has anybody used it? how'd it hold up? how about putting decals on it? do they just peel off the paint?

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

You will have to look into auto paints.That fusion junk doesnt work,unless you never ride.Lots of work&prep involved in doing it right.Better to buy new plastic if possible.

wright

#3 Post by wright »

i used that fusion paint on my stater cover and chain guard for the front sprocket and it hasnt wore of yet, i think it works good, but its not smoothe plastic so maybe that has something to do with it?

Nickc711

#4 Post by Nickc711 »

there is a big thread on this topic...ill look for it..

BSLEETER

#5 Post by BSLEETER »

QUOTE (Nickc711 @ Feb 28 2008, 03:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is a big thread on this topic...ill look for it..

well, im trying to buy a 4 wheeler with white plastic, and i want black for it. it'd be about 600 for new plastic. u guys know where to get cheap 400ex plastic besides ebay? anyone got some black? that fusion doesn't sound good cus i ride hard and hit a lot of small trees and stuff

ozarkdaler

#6 Post by ozarkdaler »

Any paint on the plastic especially when you ride trails will not work. It will not look very good after a few rides if you ride as hard as you say you do.

ozarkdaler

#7 Post by ozarkdaler »

Of course normal plastic would not look good if you ride as hard as you say.