ice race fenders dirtbikes

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
BSLEETER

#1 Post by BSLEETER »

i was at an ice race this winter. the dirtbikes there had fender extentions that protected them from the studded tires. i was wondering where i could find those fender extentions and how much $ they cost.

UpsMan

#2 Post by UpsMan »

Here is the rule from the CWIRA.........

RULE #1 - All studded motorcycles are required to have front and rear wrap around ice racing fenders. Fenders must be of sturdy construction, cover the full width of the tire, so that NO screws are visible when viewed head on. The cross section of the fender must be of a curved design for more strength and better protection than a flat fender would offer. Flat cross section fenders may be allowed on a 1 week grace period if inspected by an official and found to be soundly built and in good condition. The front fender must extend from the fork legs down around the front tire to a point not more than 2??????? higher than axle height. The rear fender must extend from a point on the rear tire vertical from the axle down around the rear of the tire to a point not more than 2??????? higher than axle height. Maximum allowed distance between fender and tire is 1 1/2???????.

UpsMan

#3 Post by UpsMan »

I don't know much about this, but I've seen two types. Some look like just another plastic fender mounter down tight to the wheel, the other kind is more like a frame work mounted in the same area. For the plastic fender type, I think anywhere that sells bike stuff would have them cheap, but the other kind, I have no idea.