Trimming Seat Foam

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
UpsMan

#11 Post by UpsMan »

That sounds like what I'm trying to accomplish.

2000ex

#12 Post by 2000ex »

I have a shaved seat with perfect black cover for $45 shipped if you want it

UpsMan

#13 Post by UpsMan »

Oops, I didn't see this reply until now. Could you post a picture of the seat? I have three seats here and one was in pretty poor shape, so I decided to experiment. The electric knife worked nice. I used a wood file to smooth out some spots and it turned out ok. I'm not crazy about how it looks though. I took off too much on the sides and front, so now it looks too slim by the tank and front plastic. It feels great though. I can't wait to give it a test ride.

UpsMan

#14 Post by UpsMan »

OK, this weekend I race tested the seat. It is great to be so low, but my *** is broken. I need more padding. My rear hurt so bad that I had to put a stock seat back on for the second moto, and then I was tipping in the corners real bad. I'll get it figured out.

peterock

#15 Post by peterock »

Just sit around and eat a bunch of donuts, that will eventually get you more padding.

UpsMan

#16 Post by UpsMan »

That would take too long.

UpsMan

#17 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (wright @ Mar 27 2008, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a low profile seat, and i want a hi profile, let me know if you might want to trade?

Do you still have this?

UpsMan

#18 Post by UpsMan »

I was bored this weekend so I revisited this seat project. I pulled some of the staples out and pulled back the cover so I could file down some of the seat pan. I loved how low the ride hight was, but the seat pan was killing my rear end. There is a bulge on both sides of the pan were it hooks the frame on the bottom side. I used a wood file to smooth that down, put a little more padding in, maybe 1/8 inch thick piece of foam, like you would wrap something fragile in to ship, and put the cover back on. What a difference. I could corner a lot faster without two wheeling. Very nice, and my rear is sore, but not like it was before. A minor price to pay for the handling improvement. It still looks kind of bad, but the stock one looks bad too, it's falling apart at the seams big time.

UpsMan

#19 Post by UpsMan »

Well, I broke my left *** cheek again this weekend. You really do need padding on these seats. I hurt myself so bad in practice on Saturday that I couldn't race on Sunday. I am getting old and fragile.

ljdbn

#20 Post by ljdbn »

I went with the 400ex foam& seat cover. I like to sit low too so I raised the bars 1" and for me it works great. I race XC (2hrs) and my cheeks love this setup