Speed graphics and/or Cannibal Le graphics

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
gml1998

#1 Post by gml1998 »

I have been in touch N-style graphics,They made the Speed graphics and the Cannibal LE (flag) graphics.They have agreed to make a run of graphics kits .I need to find out if there is enough interest to go ahead with this.I would need to sell a minimum of 30 kits PER DESIGN design to cover costs.This may be a last chance to get these graphics made. Cost per kit would be 85.00 plus shipping. If you are interested please respond ,I will keep track .If you have any questions please ask.
If there is enough interest I will ask for a deposit for each kit ordered ,Because I will have to pay out of pocket to get the kits done.
Thanks .Gary

wistech

#2 Post by wistech »

For a deposit I recommend payment in full. I am looking to get a few sets of the LE graphics but I wanted some improvements to the design like having MOTO with current engine size on them and a better fitting nose piece . I was going to have my sister make some up for me.

Canniboomer

#3 Post by Canniboomer »

Actually, if you are considering the same N-style graphics as before, they are not the best quality. You will find them to be quite thick, but they also have proven to "shrink" much more than the Johnston versions, and tend to color-change and peel more readily. When you find a rear fender "cannondale" sticker that is pulling up and away from the fender crease, you can be sure it's an N-style LE or Speed sticker. And some of the '02 Speed tank-toppers have turned completely black, and are not even readable by now.

Anyway, if you are looking to have more made, we should consider some technical re-engineering. The 3-layer styles with face release paper are a plus, and they store better -- without drying up and curling so bad. Maybe N-Style can do 3-layers now, and maybe they have better inks that won't stain and darken so fast. And thicker is not always better, and particularly when applying to curved surfaces.

As for a new run of Speed stickers, there is still a fair amount of superb Johnston stock leftover (here at least), and at far below the $85 level.

But, for the LE graphics, $85 would be a great deal....for anything... even for the same old problem stickers! So those are really something to consider. I would buy some anyway, but might be willing to pay more for an improved version.
Or, I might be willing to assist you to help finance, and stock some volume,...but certain improvements should really be attempted.

I guess this has been a lower priority for vendors so far, since the availability of good silver plastic is limited now, and all of us are so busy with performance-related projects. But I'm sure the world could use 30 more sets of LE stickers, and it's certainly worth looking in to. Thanks for spearheading a new effort..

gml1998

#4 Post by gml1998 »

I e-mailed n-style to see what process they use these days.
I will post info when I get it.
It doesn't seem like there is much interest in getting these done.

cannondale27

#5 Post by cannondale27 »

I would buy a set of LE.

thedeatons

#6 Post by thedeatons »

People here are generally non-committal to these types of projects, until they see a finished product. Rest assured these will sell, just like an OEM set of BOSS 302 stickers for an old Mustang. Stuff like this is just going to keep getting more rare.

Canniboomer

#7 Post by Canniboomer »

.....the machine here is a good example of the N-style rear fender stickers lifting off at the bend of the plastic. And obviously, that machine has been well cared for, with minimal outdoor exposure.
Several of those photos would be useful for N-Style to look at closely, if they intend to make another run of our LE stickers.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...ic=21209&hl=

gml1998

#8 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (Canniboomer @ Apr 17 2008, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
.....the machine here is a good example of the N-style rear fender stickers lifting off at the bend of the plastic. And obviously, that machine has been well cared for, with minimal outdoor exposure.
Several of those photos would be useful for N-Style to look at closely, if they intend to make another run of our LE stickers.

http://www.cannondaleriders.com/forums/ind...ic=21209&hl=

I forwarded this link to n-style . I'll let everyone know what they say.

MyCannibal

#9 Post by MyCannibal »

I think they made the decals too thick...I have the paper thin ones and have never had a problem with them lifting out of the crevass's like that...

cannondale27

#10 Post by cannondale27 »

Yes those thin graphics really did hold up well.I believe the name of that company is Serigraph Inc.
Dang they are here in WI!

http://www.serigraph.com/index.html