I'd say something is wrong here.

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
desertbound

#1 Post by desertbound »

So I got these and I thought something was wrong when they stacked together perfectly. Maybe I'm blind, but to me both seem to be for the right or throttle side of the quad. The seller says I'm just installing them wrong. He must think installing air shrouds is rocket science. Please take a look and tell me if I'm wrong...or right I guess. Excuse the messy garage floor, it's cold, wet, and windy here today. Everything keeps blowing right into the garage.

[attachment=6334:scoop1.JPG]

[attachment=6335:scoop2.JPG]

[attachment=6336:scoop3.JPG]

[attachment=6337:scoop4.JPG]

[attachment=6338:scoop5.JPG]

cdalerider75

#2 Post by cdalerider75 »

ask the person for a photo of them installed... I think you got ripped off (but def ask the person for a photo)

Good luck

desertbound

#3 Post by desertbound »

I already have. He can't seem to find one. All the links are expired. I've searched all the cannondale sites too and can't seem to find a pic of the UM scoops installed. It's a reputable seller, I guess thats why he thought he could tell me I was wrong. I still haven't heard back from him, but it's a long holiday weekend, so I'll give him some time.

cdalerider75

#4 Post by cdalerider75 »

I think he might of sent you one by error...

reputable sellers tend to stay reputable... people can make honest mistakes

thedeatons

#5 Post by thedeatons »

I forget, did your Glamis have an aluminum cam cover?

They look like the same sides to me. I bought stainless shrouds for my wife's old Z400, and they were opposite of each other. Like you said, not rocket science.

speed 450mx

#6 Post by speed 450mx »

they are for the same side UM sent a bunch of sets with the same sides

NotSoYoungAnymore

#7 Post by NotSoYoungAnymore »

I have the same shrouds, and you are correct. There is supposed to be a left and right shroud. You were sent two right side shrouds.
My Dale is already loaded up to go to a race tomorrow and Sunday. I will try and post a pic Sunday night.

ozarkdaler

#8 Post by ozarkdaler »

Definitily the same side shroud. Tell them and they should sent you the correct one.

desertbound

#9 Post by desertbound »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ May 24 2008, 02:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I forget, did your Glamis have an aluminum cam cover?

They look like the same sides to me. I bought stainless shrouds for my wife's old Z400, and they were opposite of each other. Like you said, not rocket science.

I do not have an aluminum cam cover. At least I haven't put one on. That is on my list. My wife is going to nashville for 2 weeks starting tomorrow, so I am going to completely tear it down this next week and get some powder and polishing done. the motor is being yanked out then and I will go through it and make sure everything is good to go and the crank will be sent out. I have found a lot of nasty looking hardware so far. Kinda sad. I am beginning to see that the previous owner did not take very good care of this machine. Oh well. I'll get her fixed up nice.

thanks for all the help gentlemen. I trully appreciate it. I'll keep you updated on what happens with these scoops.

speedracer

#10 Post by speedracer »

I think the cut in one is for a cable clutch,I have an extra set if you need them.Some simple green cleaner anb a power washer will do wonders on that old crusty dirt.