Polyethylene Belly Skids

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
speed 450mx

#21 Post by speed 450mx »

Hey Hey how did I get in this lol lol lol laugh.gif

What about the pics of this thing I might be interseted in one

2000ex

#22 Post by 2000ex »

Sorry for the lack of pics, I have just been so busy with racing. The skids held up great, and I am ready to start placing orders here shortly. I should have some pics of the prototype before the end of the week.

I will be offering 2 versions of the skid. One will be .250 high density polyethylene with countersunk socket fasteners, zinc plated nylock nuts, and zinc plated mounting brackets.

The other version will be the extra heavy duty made from .250 UHMW. I believe this is the plastic with the highest impact and abrasion properties available. With the same fasteners and mounting brackets.

The price will be $60 for the regular version and $75 for the heavy duty version

I will start making the skids once I get orders confirmed over PM. There will be a $5 donation to the site for each skid sold.

2000ex

#23 Post by 2000ex »

Here is a pic of the prototype mounted up. Please keep in mind I have yet to cut the reliefs for the oil drains, and I experimented with several different fasteners to see what would work the best. This particular skid is a thinner .190 version and has been through 3 ROCKY XC races and countless weekend rides over the past several months.

I will have clean pics of a production unit as soon as I get in some additional stock and build the final version.

ACEwrench

#24 Post by ACEwrench »

im in for option 2 as well lemme know when available..

peterock

#25 Post by peterock »

QUOTE (2000ex @ Sep 15 2008, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a pic of the prototype mounted up. Please keep in mind I have yet to cut the reliefs for the oil drains, and I experimented with several different fasteners to see what would work the best. This particular skid is a thinner .190 version and has been through 3 ROCKY XC races and countless weekend rides over the past several months.

I will have clean pics of a production unit as soon as I get in some additional stock and build the final version.

Might want to make some for your a-arms smile.gif

moto440

#26 Post by moto440 »

looks great, def in for option 2 let me know when your getting ready to have it

2000ex

#27 Post by 2000ex »

QUOTE (peterock @ Sep 16 2008, 05:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Might want to make some for your a-arms smile.gif

No kidding. That is from one less than one season of XC racing. My Axis shocks were sprung way light until the last few races and smashing the frame and arms off rocks was a regular occurrance. Rocks are the way it is up in New England

2000ex

#28 Post by 2000ex »

I am ordering some material this week, for those whom are interested in the first run please PM me and I will make sure I purchase enough stock. For those who have PM'd me before requesting one please do it again and confirm. I do not want to get stuck with enough material so I can make a waterslide when people bail out.

Thanks!

Happyboy

#29 Post by Happyboy »

How do these compared weight wise to the aluminum?

2000ex

#30 Post by 2000ex »

They are probably half the weight, as it is plastic. I will get it on a scale and compare it with a PRM skid I have that is made from thinner material and I will let you know.