Cannondale seat foam

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
UpsMan

#1 Post by UpsMan »

Cannondale seat foam officially sucks. I have ridden on a brand new seat not more than a handful of times, and the foam is broken, leaving a nicely noticable line up the side of the seat. What a joke. I only weigh 160 pounds, so its not like I'm a fat *** or anything, no wonder they went out of business. Ironically, the best part about my atk/cannondale is the motor. OK, the frame is bullet proof also, but the rest is really a joke. Come on, seat foam. How hard can it be to get that right?

MyCannibal

#2 Post by MyCannibal »

somebody needs a hug...

jinx44

#3 Post by jinx44 »

QUOTE (MyCannibal @ Aug 25 2008, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
somebody needs a hug...

laugh.gif

Maybe he just needs a fatter *** like I have to spread the weight out across a bigger area. lol

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

Ouch!Yeah you have the little pieces coming off the foam and going all over?It comes from the seatpan digging into the foam.Only way I know to help it is to double layer the seat cover in that area.The later seats were a little better.Some guys use 400ex foam.

2000ex

#5 Post by 2000ex »

Agreed, they are complete crap. What else are people doing for foam?

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Aug 25 2008, 06:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ouch!Yeah you have the little pieces coming off the foam and going all over?It comes from the seatpan digging into the foam.

One of my other seats is like that. I thought it was just because it was old or had been mistreated, left out in the weather or something. This one just has the nice "cannondale crack" in it that you can see through the cover. It really pisses me off because it is new, and never seen water or sunshine yet hardly. I'm sure soon the rest of the foam will turn to powder. Heaven forbid anyone should actually use one of these **** machines. This wouldn't piss me off so much if it was just one of those things that you have to replace periodically, but christ, my honda 450r has three seasons on it and the seat looks like new. I have three seasons on this atk and I now have 4 seats here that are junk.

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

And even better, I barely sit on it while riding anyway. I think i'll just leave the seat off, that will get the center of gravity down where it should be.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Maybe the foam is aging whether used or not if its a low seat it was made in 2001 thats 8 years old.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

If you buy a new KTM because of this seat blowout I call dibbs on trying it out tongue.gif

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

The KTM is too much $$$ even considering what it comes with.