fullbore installation...

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
MyCannibal

#1 Post by MyCannibal »

Anyone installed fullbore's before?...how do they go on?...do they bolt to the headlight bracket?...And how does the front plastic and rear plastic attach to each other in the middle below the seat...also is there a special tank cover to go with this set up?...anyone's input and tricks to install would be helpful...thank you.

peterock

#2 Post by peterock »

Contact fullbore about the tank cover. I believe they did have one for our set-up. As for mounting. I bent the headlight brackets at an inward angle and then used metal slip fastener nuts there and for where the front and rear plastics connect. Can't think of the actual name of the fasteners. I know they have been posted on here before. Oh,yeah these.....

http://www.southco.com/product/class.aspx?cid=7516

Should be able to find something similar at the local hardware store.

MyCannibal

#3 Post by MyCannibal »

Thanks Pete...by the way...these plastics look awesome...packaged well also...only knock I see is theres no tank cover.

UpsMan

#4 Post by UpsMan »

I have a tank cover with mine and I don't use it. It is a gay little thing that doesn't really do anything but make it difficult to attatch the plastic to the tank. You don't want one, trust me.

MyCannibal

#5 Post by MyCannibal »

so what do you use for a tank cover?...the stock one?...I have a carbon one but it doesnt seem to fit right with the fullbores on there...of course I dont have the plastic mounted correctly yet so I guess I'll make a determination after I get that right...are you talking about the gay little thing they charge 70.00 for on the fullbore site?

UpsMan

#6 Post by UpsMan »

I think that is the piece. I don't use a tank cover at all. I'll post a picture of it later this morning. I think it all looks just fine without a cover. I custom made a clear plastic cover to cover my filter if it is a muddy race.

UpsMan

#7 Post by UpsMan »

Here it is.
[attachment=7205:DSC01584.JPG]
[attachment=7207:DSC01583.JPG]
[attachment=7208:DSC01586.JPG]

UpsMan

#8 Post by UpsMan »

That is the $70 tank cover I guess. You can see the grooves worn in it while it was installed by the original owner of the plastic. I tried to put it on at first, and I thought it was more trouble than it was worth. It kind of holds the plastic up and makes it a little more difficult to attatch the plastic to the tank. Maybe if you are running the airbox this isn't a big deal, but I just didn't bother with it.

MyCannibal

#9 Post by MyCannibal »

see if this works...[attachment=7209:142.JPG]

UpsMan

#10 Post by UpsMan »

Touche`

[attachment=7212:DSC01587.JPG]

Mine isn't so pretty, but it ain't bad. Racing takes its toll on the looks.