Free rear plastic tip

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
cannondale27

Free rear plastic tip

#1 Post by cannondale27 »

Have you removed your heelguards only to have your plastic crack like this?

cannondale27

free fender support

#2 Post by cannondale27 »

This is made from the stock heelguards you will have to bend it slightly to line up to the stock hole in the fender.Works great stiffens it right up for those mud races or in a roll.I couldnt do a burnout on concrete with the guards and they just dont feel right.

cannondale27

cut from here

#3 Post by cannondale27 »

cut,bend,drill hole for tophat and bolt put tubing on end and your done.

MXMIKE

#4 Post by MXMIKE »

COOL.

trav

#5 Post by trav »

did you know, moto's and blazes have a seperate wire thats made for the same thing you just re-engineered?

sorry to rain on your idea.smile.gif

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Originally posted by trav
did you know, moto's and blazes have a seperate wire thats made for the same thing you just re-engineered?

I'm not sure you meant it like that but it sounds pretty harsh.

I'm sure this has been posted before but I couldn't find it when I was looking a while back. Thanks for bringing it back out.

I think I used one of the different supports on the heel guards. I bent it slightly and switched sides. It works ok.

Derno24

#7 Post by Derno24 »

Originally posted by trav

Only one problem with your idea. It costs like $75 for the moto wire. It doesn't cost a thing to make that.

cannondale27

#8 Post by cannondale27 »

Yea I know but this is free and I did it before they did.LOL.

Canniboomer

#9 Post by Canniboomer »

...using stainless fender washers behind the plastic also helps prevent back-denting and cracks. Several machines new from the factory have had slight stress cracks from poorly bent wires in a few places, and you can't really tweak them.... outer right rear fender hole has been the worst, and many fenders or footbaskets get cracked there also.

the tubing on the end is a good idea too, even for the stock Moto/Blaze wires biggrin.gif

trav

#10 Post by trav »

sorry to sound harsh, but the price is $14 each not no $70.
part no's# 6001102 - 6001103. requires no drilling, bending or anything else. and they work like its made for it.