different nerfs

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
joep1219

#1 Post by joep1219 »

I remember back in oh...'01 or '02 in an ad Cannondale had in DirtWheels the Moto had different nerf bars then I have ever seen. They had a built in heel guard that was made with the netting. Looked real trick, light, and functional. I didn't know if they were availible or if any one else even caught them back then? Just curious. If I find the old mag, I'll post some pics.

Denny08

#2 Post by Denny08 »

Call Brad at Blackwidow

joep1219

#3 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (Denny @ Apr 29 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Call Brad at Blackwidow

do you remember seeing them?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I remember those.They never were produced that I know of though.

joep1219

#5 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (cannondale27 @ Apr 29 2009, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remember those.They never were produced that I know of though.

was cannondale going to make them or outside mfg?
do you know where i can find a pic of them?

cannondale27

#6 Post by cannondale27 »

They were in thier brochures.If you look real close you can tell it was just Photo shopped.Even the a-arms were out of whack.Not parallel to each other.It was when they were introducing the Moto and blaze.

thedeatons

#7 Post by thedeatons »

The Moto & Blaze nerfs are still the BEST nerfs in my opinion. All the others are a pain to work with (mounting/removing/pulling engine).

NRath

#8 Post by NRath »

QUOTE (thedeatons @ Apr 30 2009, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Moto & Blaze nerfs are still the BEST nerfs in my opinion. All the others are a pain to work with (mounting/removing/pulling engine).

I would have to respectfully disagree. They do mount up easily and fit right in, but the flat plate they use that runs out to the outside tube as a stiffener is crap. It doesn't take much of a hit to buckle that flat plate and bend the outside tube. I've bent both sides of mine. I cut the plate loose, straightened it all back up as much as possible, and rewelded the plate adding a 1/2" diameter bar to the top of the flat one to stiffen it up. The X-Factors had a round bar that ran to the outer tube about like I'm talking about. And they had a little bigger foot peg. My vote goes to the X-Factors. Btw, I think the AC that Blackwidow has are the exact same as the X-Factor- one of them made them for the other one. Has anyone had any problems mounting the AC/X-Factor?

Sorry for the hi-jack... at least you were talking about nerf bars.

thedeatons

#9 Post by thedeatons »

I do not support AC. Their quality is terrible, fit is different every time, and finish is repulsive. They sent my kid's nerfs to me and they heel guards were shaped with an angle grinder. Sharp edges and hooks everywhere. Terrible.

I have not used nerfs in a true MX bashing sessions, so ya got me there. I use them in the dunes. They utilize the through-the-frame mounting technology like they should, and you don't have to remove them when removing the engine. That is HUGE!

MX Quad Dad

#10 Post by MX Quad Dad »

This pic