sad day last weekend

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
Trouble

#1 Post by Trouble »

Well last weekend i had my fx out and it was running great,weather was nice and i was feeling pretty unstoppable,hp tends to give one a sense of overconfidence.Now my dale since i first got it has been pretty much babied and kept in almost immaculate shape since i got it earlier this year.the plastic was almost perfect,maybe a 9.5 out of 10.I spent a lot of time detailing this thing,polished the frame and the "C' on the clutch cover,tire shine foam on the plastic and tires after every ride,i take care of this thing,so when this past weekend i got a bit carried away with the throttle i did a rookie mistake in front of like 10 guys on there quads that witnessed the whole thing,i basically lost control and rolled my BABY!i jumped up and immediately grabbed my still running upside down quad(no tether...yet)and it appeared i got out of that unscathed and then i noticed a 6in crack on my back fender,man i almost lost it,its not bad or really noticeable unless your looking for it but i know its there.man i have been pretty anal about this bike since i got it because i know they are fragile and will run if/when they feel like it.maybe i can find a way to repair the crack...no zip ties on this thing..lol Like i said its not a eye sore but in my mind i know its there.Oh yeah i was fine after getting ejected from my bike,our first crash together..lol been riding for over 25 yrs and still taking soil samples at times..lol just sharing my vents,am i cant be the only one crazy bout'their dale,i have seen some sweet rides on here. Oh yeah i did manage to beat a yfz450 that just had a hmf slip on in a short drag,so im kinda proud of that one.this fx of mine launches like nobodys business out the whole...almost like a mx bike

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

that sucks..been there, with someone elses quad. ohmy.gif

Get yourself a plastic welder, its like a solder iron with a hole through the middle that you push a plastic rod through. Works pretty good.

wistech

#3 Post by wistech »

If you cant handle the repair i have some new in box fx400 plastic i could hook you up with.

Trouble

#4 Post by Trouble »

man i can only imagine what that stuff goes for these days,that stuff is rarer than chicken teeth..dumb question,oem plastic come with the cannondale logos?

wistech

#5 Post by wistech »

Im not sure but my sister is getting good a replicating most all the factory decals.