repairing cracks in fenders

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
GAK71

#1 Post by GAK71 »

My original rear fenders have cracks in them but look good. Is there there an adhesive I could use to glue another layer of plastic to the underside of the fenders? Or is there a better way to fix them? Thanks

Happyboy

#2 Post by Happyboy »

Are they spider cracks? Did you keep it outside? If they are just cracks from wrecks then i would suggest getting a plastic welder and going to town on it. They work pretty good.

GAK71

#3 Post by GAK71 »

I just got it and I'm not sure if it was stored outside. They look like spider cracks but where the fender meets the rear seat the fenders have cracks that I can see through if I push down the fender. I'm hoping to stop the crack from getting any bigger. Will the plastic welder mess up the color and finish of the top of the fender?
Thanks

Happyboy

#4 Post by Happyboy »

Yeah, the plastic welder is just like a solder gun and you push through clear plastic that melts into the fender. But, if your fender looks like spider cracks everywhere I really wouldn't bother. Once they do that they will crack under slight stress and just keep cracking.