Carbon fiber hood

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
gml1998

#1 Post by gml1998 »

I just got my Carbon fiber hood from Speed2424. It looks great, now I need some pointers on installing it. I assume I will have to cut the front fender. What is the best way? Gary

speedracer

#2 Post by speedracer »

Gary,I had to cut off the top hump on the front plastic to get the hood to fit,I think it was about 2 in.Mine did not have the plastic push-pins,so I got some stainless bolts and nuts to bolt to the plastic after you line up the hood and drill holes in the front plastic.Hope this helps.I used a Dremal tool with a cut-off wheel to cut the plastic,protect your eyes,plastic flys everywhere!

gml1998

#3 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jul 9 2009, 07:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gary,I had to cut off the top hump on the front plastic to get the hood to fit,I think it was about 2 in.Mine did not have the plastic push-pins,so I got some stainless bolts and nuts to bolt to the plastic after you line up the hood and drill holes in the front plastic.Hope this helps.I used a Dremal tool with a cut-off wheel to cut the plastic,protect your eyes,plastic flys everywhere!

Here is a pic of carbon fiber hood installed. I used stainless steel button head machine screws inserted from the backside with Chrome acorn nuts exposed.

speedracer

#4 Post by speedracer »

Very nice!Good luck keeping you son off that one now.LOL.

gml1998

#5 Post by gml1998 »

QUOTE (speedracer @ Jul 9 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice!Good luck keeping you son off that one now.LOL.

I hear you.He is out in the garage polishing the spars as we speak. laugh.gif

speedracer

#6 Post by speedracer »

Thats funny! laugh.gif

gml1998

#7 Post by gml1998 »

We had the cannibal to Badlands this past weekend.It ran awesome . I had several people stop me and ask what kind of quad it was.The carbon fiber hood really makes it look mean.
I really couldn't tell much difference between the 3 maps in the map select other than rev limiter seemed lower on two of the maps.I guess I'm going to have to learn how to load different maps.Can anyone explain what the trim button does?
The only other issue I had was the rear shock was set way to hard.

By the way ,I think my son is slowly coming around to Cannondales.

speedracer

#8 Post by speedracer »

I think there was a post about that subject by slOot awhile back about his moto,hope this helps.

cannondale27

#9 Post by cannondale27 »

Trim adjust fuel or sensitivity as you ride.Quad looks awesome!