MDR RACING 400ex (hondale) kit

Plastic, skidplates, bumpers, seat covers, graphics, dress up items, nerf bars, etc.
joep1219

#1 Post by joep1219 »

as for the 400ex kits we have a little something in the works! just a little more R&D and we will get some detailed pics out. what I will say is that the kit will be all aluminum, straight forward install, and factory like fit and finish. best of all we have many hours of R&D to ensure the components will hold up to the abuse of MX! the kit is a huge improvement over stock c-dale ergos. the kit allows the seat to be lower, thinner, and more forward. here is a quick shoot of the first gen kit at a local fair race:

more detailed pics to come!

ronnoc47

#2 Post by ronnoc47 »

I saw this quad in person at Redbud. Aluminum sub frame and fuel tank are a work of art. Everything looks first class.

ScramblerXLE

#3 Post by ScramblerXLE »

Anyone know what the fuel capacity of this setup is?

cannondale27

#4 Post by cannondale27 »

I believe it was enough to finish two motos. I can't remember what he said for actual size though. Is pretty neat setup though.

joep1219

#5 Post by joep1219 »

QUOTE (ScramblerXLE @ Aug 4 2010, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know what the fuel capacity of this setup is?

the fuel tank on the bike shown above is right at one gallon. the tank can be made to a custom size within reason. complete details to be released after all R&D are complete.

jesshamner

#6 Post by jesshamner »

Can you squeeze a 2 gal tank in there? I have seen a couple other 400ex kits done with the stock tank, of course they weren't the greatest. Are you going to be selling these? If so do you have a ball park figure for the price?

Brad77

#7 Post by Brad77 »

Looks great ! Can't wait to see some more pics of this.

mydreamride

#8 Post by mydreamride »

still working on pricing and for the larger fuel tank, a bigger on is possible but obviously the price will be different. We are also looking at going to the fall group ride so some of you that are going can see kits in person and even take one of the bikes for a ride. I will also say the the first version kit did fail at the local fair race that joep1219 race at but the second version has survived every abusive test so far. Hopefully by the group ride prices will be set for the people who are interested in it. More detailed pics to come shortly.

jesshamner

#9 Post by jesshamner »

I would be really interested in taking one for a ride.

joep1219

#10 Post by joep1219 »

here are some pics of the hondale kit :